Riggo

Sirius Traffc

It does. I have it in my 2010, had it in my 12 F150 too. When you plan a route on the Nav, it will alert you for possible traffic jams and ask if you want to detour. It also lists construction zones even if you dont plan a route and just have the map up. You do have to have the subscription though, or it doesnt work.

It does. I have it in my 2010, had it in my 12 F150 too. When you plan a route on the Nav, it will alert you for possible traffic jams and ask if you want to detour. It also lists construction zones even if you dont plan a route and just have the map up. You do have to have the subscription though, or it doesnt work.

Also, once the subscription expires and if you decide you want it, you can get the Sirius traffic for $3.99 per month,(discounts/free months for longer packages, shown on the Sirius site), or $5.99 oer month for Travelink that also includes sports scores, weather, and movie showtimes (also discounts/free months for longer packages). I have had the Travelink subscription since I also wanted the weather included, have very rarely ever used the sports or movie info, so be sure to check out those features once you get the car to determine if you want to keep the Travelink, just the traffic, or just let it expire.

And BTW I think that Sirius tends to bring their price down a bit right near the end of the subscription or just after it expires in order to bring you back, there are probably threads on that in here...and there is also a discount for multiple subscriptions, so if you have a family member that also has a Sirius subcription then be sure to ask about combining to the same account and saving money.

Travel link also has gas prices, which we have found to be the most beneficial part. Its because of that feature that we renewed it.

Travel link also has gas prices, which we have found to be the most beneficial part. Its because of that feature that we renewed it.

Oh yeah, forgot about the gas prices... I use the gasbuddy app on my phone most of the time

I have that too, but its easier and safer to use the Sirius one. The accuracy is pretty consistent too compared to gas buddy, sometimes GB is off a day around here.

When you program in a destination and are following it, Along major routes you are traveling on, if there are an incidents, you will be alerted and asked if you want to avoid that section. If you are not using the nav though, then the alerts are absent.

For the 2013's, Travelink is not separate from SiriusXM radio. In my 2010, it was 2 separate ESNs and two

parts to the price. In 2013 it's one (1) ESN and one price - but I have a feeling the total pricing for

1 year isn't much different, I haven't dug in enough to be certain.

You can get just travel link if you want, it is something like $50 a year. When time to renew, I will probably just do the travel link, I dont need the traffic, never used it, and found it annoying when I used the nav.

You just answered a question for me. Hate Sirius music - too thin and tin-ny, and very limited selection, which is why we didn't renew it. I did like the navigation overlay for traffic and miss that, so it's good to see I can add those alone. Finally found these on their website, but of course, that part's down for maintenance, so will have to check back later or give them a call tomorrow.

I'm not a fan of the Sirius web site, as the temp account that was created with my new car cannot be merged on line with my other car in order to get a multiple-car discount, it says you need to call the 1-800 number. So I sent an email to their customer service saying account 12345 is my current account, ABCDE is the temp account you created for my new car, please take that ESN from the temp account and assign it to my current account and I will gladly subscribe online when I can get the multiple-car advantage. The only thing I got back was an email two days later that said "please rate your satisfaction with your recent request", which I did since I never heard anything back. My 6-month trial subscription ends in 2 weeks, I have already gotten 2 letters in the mail and expect 1-2 more and maybe a phone call to remind me to hurry up and subscribe... and all the dolts need to do is associate the ESN like I asked and they would have my business. I really don't want to use the 800 number and hold and hear how my call is very important to them, I cannot stand that and try to avoid it as much as possible.

Yes, that sucks, I agree, but that's stupid SiriusXM. I have the same thing as you and in fact I have a standing credit on my

old account when I traded-in my 2010 FFH. Have not applied that yet. You have no choice but to call them,

but call this number and it will be smoother. They will merge it and in my case apply the credit from the old

account, If you have XM, ask for a discount across account types or get them to merge. I have an XM

account too for my wife's car and they have given this discount. Worst business model ever....

SiriusXM Priority Customer Service: 888-601-6302

You should get a sane person who speaks English and knows how to make the change quickly.

If you don't or can't understand the person - hang up.

I could have substituted in my new car when I cancelled the old one, but they would have done

the merge then and didn't want to waste time on the phone at that point. So I took the credit and

that account stands. I'll went for the 6 month letters and calls. Do not be afraid to try and wrangle

them for any deal you can get.

In any event, save this number as it may be useful in the future. Call this number first for

customer service issues.

Edited by smr2112

I found the traffic to be useless, but the travel link is good. When I canceled the subscription on the 2010, I got a call back a week later asking if I want to take advantage of a special offer to reactivate. I asked, What part of I no longer OWN the car did you guys NOT understand?

OOPS. DOH, morons. Going to let them lapse when the time comes, haven't used Sirius in either car yet other than the travel link for weather. I also found that the Fuel prices wont show up the station I normally go to on either car, but did in the other 13 and my 10.

I'm not a fan of the Sirius web site, as the temp account that was created with my new car cannot be merged on line with my other car in order to get a multiple-car discount, it says you need to call the 1-800 number. So I sent an email to their customer service saying account 12345 is my current account, ABCDE is the temp account you created for my new car, please take that ESN from the temp account and assign it to my current account and I will gladly subscribe online when I can get the multiple-car advantage. The only thing I got back was an email two days later that said "please rate your satisfaction with your recent request", which I did since I never heard anything back. My 6-month trial subscription ends in 2 weeks, I have already gotten 2 letters in the mail and expect 1-2 more and maybe a phone call to remind me to hurry up and subscribe... and all the dolts need to do is associate the ESN like I asked and they would have my business. I really don't want to use the 800 number and hold and hear how my call is very important to them, I cannot stand that and try to avoid it as much as possible.

It had been a week so I replied to the original 'we received your assistance request, back to you shortly' email stating that "I never got a response to the below request"... then did get a reply to my email.

Dear Mr. Jeff_H,

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding your account consolidation request.

Please note that you may combine your radios under one account so as you may be able to receive the Multi-Radio Discount. However, we do not process account consolidation requests via email due to security purposes and system restrictions.

For further assistance, we advise that you contact our Listener Care at the number provided below.

We hope you continue to enjoy SiriusXM's commercial-free music and entertainment programming. We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email. You can always manage your account online 24/7 by clicking

https://care.siriusxm.com/

Thank you,

Andrew

SiriusXM Listener Care

1-866-635-2349

Added - Called SiriusXM Priority Customer Service: 888-601-6302 (as noted by smr2112 above) and added the ESN to current account and renewed for 3 years with Sirius and Traffic, but not Travelink. Rep on the phone was knowledgeable and only took about 4-6 minutes as I told them the packages that I wanted and didn't need the spiel about other plans, so it was not too bad and now it's done.

Edited by jeff_h

Happy Thanksgiving all, Sirius traffic was feeding in a nice colorful screen today, being quite a busy traffic day -- had to make a side trip to Baltimore and knew it would be fun coming home -- 106 miles, 3hr 16min (with some of it in the HOV lane and breezing past hundreds of cars in the main lanes). Was a bit of a slow go but definitely not the worst I've ever seen. Had plenty of time to snap pics of the screen...

Map1_20131127_zps2a3147aa.jpg

OK now with the beltway complete, let's see if the road southbound was any better.... nope.

Map2_20131127_zps47bdd517.jpg

That was just traffic displaying (I have the options set to only show accidents or lane closures, if I also chose to show heavy traffic and/or construction then gobs and gobs of icons display, gotta love big city traffic), if I had a destination set (such as home) I think it would have shown the next upcoming turn and distance to it, etc.