elle

MPG Happy Talk

Trips from today

null_zps59144180.jpg

null_zpsc7a1e87e.jpg

null_zps3ff1773f.jpg

null_zps78f3a121.jpg

There's one trip missing that I didn't take a pic of because it was only 55 MPG and I have decided I'll only take pics for this thread of trips over 60 MPG now unless there's some reason I expect lower and end up much higher than expectations

We've started resetting the MPG on the Engage, Empower, etc screens daily and today I'm averaging 66 MPG so far over about 50 miles. Hopefully that will stay that high in the trips we make tonight.

Edited by hybridbear

That's I good problem to have I guess. Looks like hybridbear is not longer happy to post those lame 55 MPG trips ;-))

Are you sure you didn't drive your parents Energi during those trips. ;-))

Very cool numbers my friend.

Edited by corncobs

Are you sure I didn't drive your parents energi during those trips. ;-))

I didn't for those trips but I did today. My parents are out of town this weekend and took their Murano. They said we could drive the Energi if we wanted so we went and picked it up today since today and tomorrow we would otherwise miss the convenience of having 2 cars. So my wife is driving the FFH and I'm driving the Energi for a short time. Here are 2 trips from today in the Energi. The first one was using AC, the 2nd with windows down.

null_zps154d0b3e.jpg

null_zpsa689f114.jpg

EPA city is about 144 MPGe. The first trip usually gets about 50 MPG in the FFH as it's not a very hybrid friendly trip. The second is a trip where I often get 60-70 MPG in the hybrid, like in the pics yesterday of all the trips of 6.6 miles. I really wish we had an Energi! I love driving it with no gas at all. Since the car is so silent I found myself accelerating faster and to a higher speed without realizing. In the hybrid the sound of the ICE keeps me light on the throttle, but not so in the Energi

Edited by hybridbear

Yeah I just notice that I had funny spelling error in that post not sure how that slipped thru.

Must be really fun to drive the Energi without being too concerned about activating the ICE and "wasting" fuel when accelerating a bit faster.

Which mode did you us?

I'm sure you are going to buy an Energi at some point with all the short distance city driving you do.

I'm back from Bear country, sorry we couldnt hook up though, timing just didnt work. Anyhow, Man the lights in some parts up there are AWFUL. Red light, next one is green, yours turns green and before you are halfway there, the next one is red, and it just kept going on and on like that! Lets just say that a few of our trips returned horrible MPG, while a couple were excellent.

trip from Donatellis back to the Inn, not taking the expressways, just followed the dash nav.

1016789_562884773753661_1984533885_n.jpg

Summary for my trip, learned that 75-80 MPH returns 35.5 MPG. Shaved at least 40 minutes from the trip doing this, then from the first rest area all the way home, doing under 65, 43.1 MPG. :happy feet: Very pleased with the car. Keep in mind, this was with 3 adults and 2 kids with 4 days of luggage. I could feel the extra weight while driving, the front end was a bit light. Car had a bit of wander, and the lane keeping sure came in handy. Did I mention the return trip home was against a head wind? :victory:

I noticed that the car has to relearn the roads around here, after we got home we went to Rockford for dinner and the trip out didnt get me 40, but the return trip was 43. Didn't drive it any different, but noticed it used more ICE that it used to this time, but the return trip was more normal. I think HB had mentioned noticing this too.

Welcome back and what matters most is that you are happy with your MPG results during the trip and it seems like you are.

I also think you guys are right about some kind of road memory the FFH has or at least it can detect the difference between interstate, county highways and city.

Edited by corncobs

Must be really fun to drive the Energi without being too concerned about activating the ICE and "wasting" fuel when accelerating a bit faster.

Which mode did you us?

I'm sure you are going to buy an Energi at some point with all the short distance city driving you do.

We would have bought an Energi already if we had somewhere to plug it in... The Energi has been in EV Now since the first day they got it home and they haven't used any gas since last Saturday. I still like the Empower screen even though it doesn't have a threshhold when driving in EV Now just because that screen is what I'm used to.

51mpg on a short trip back home from friends late last night. Love this car. Still absolutely trouble/glitch free. Just had the windows tinted, and will post a couple of pics soon. Thinking about the 3M film for the door sills, handle areas, trunk 'lid' and door edges.

I'm back from Bear country, sorry we couldnt hook up though, timing just didnt work. Anyhow, Man the lights in some parts up there are AWFUL. Red light, next one is green, yours turns green and before you are halfway there, the next one is red, and it just kept going on and on like that! Lets just say that a few of our trips returned horrible MPG, while a couple were excellent.

trip from Donatellis back to the Inn, not taking the expressways, just followed the dash nav.

1016789_562884773753661_1984533885_n.jpg

Summary for my trip, learned that 75-80 MPH returns 35.5 MPG. Shaved at least 40 minutes from the trip doing this, then from the first rest area all the way home, doing under 65, 43.1 MPG. :happy feet: Very pleased with the car. Keep in mind, this was with 3 adults and 2 kids with 4 days of luggage. I could feel the extra weight while driving, the front end was a bit light. Car had a bit of wander, and the lane keeping sure came in handy. Did I mention the return trip home was against a head wind? :victory:

I noticed that the car has to relearn the roads around here, after we got home we went to Rockford for dinner and the trip out didnt get me 40, but the return trip was 43. Didn't drive it any different, but noticed it used more ICE that it used to this time, but the return trip was more normal. I think HB had mentioned noticing this too.

Fantastic. Glad the trip went well. Maybe August we will head to Florida for an 8 hour trip.

Blah, blah, blah...

All you smarty pants with your "I got 45 mpg, I got 55mpg, I got 65 mpg" baloney.

I beat all of you today!

I went 83 miles and MY FFH did not use a drop of gas (fuel, whatever) - try and beat that!!

See below for my way of getting a gazillion mpg's with no effort at all. :roses:

Keep going....

Getting closer...

Easy peazee.... and I never touched the steering wheel either.

photo_zpsbccf2334.jpg

Blah, blah, blah...

All you smarty pants with your "I got 45 mpg, I got 55mpg, I got 65 mpg" baloney.

I beat all of you today!

I went 83 miles and MY FFH did not use a drop of gas (fuel, whatever) - try and beat that!!

See below for my way of getting a gazillion mpg's with no effort at all. :roses:

Keep going....

Getting closer...

Easy peazee.... and I never touched the steering wheel either.

photo_zpsbccf2334.jpg

Yikes what happened?

Uhh not a nice picture and pure sarcasm that leads to it.

It was supposed to be funny, not offend anyone, my apologies if it did.

I posted that in the 'Cracking noise FIXED' thread. I'll know the answer tomorrow. :)

Looks like you and your FFH didn't make it back sorry to hear that something went wrong.

It was supposed to be funny, not offend anyone, my apologies if it did.

Not at all I smiled reading it but had a bad feeling when I scrolled down further and further. I really feel sorry for you.

Not at all I smiled reading it but had a bad feeling when I scrolled down further and further. I really feel sorry for you.

I still have a great Dealer.

I rode in the tow truck that the Dealer paid for overage mileage costs (with some Ford Roadside Assistance help).

When we arrived to drop the car off with my Service Advisor the Dealership Facility Director came out and apologized.

He is handling the whole re-repair personally and is minimizing any hardship on me as much as possible.

They gave me a '13 Escape rental, paid for my gas in the rental and will return my car with a full tank too.

Mistakes happen and they stand behind their work, can't ask more than that. I am a happy customer.

I still have a great Dealer ... and will return my car with a full tank.

Well that brings us back to topic ;-)

After "only" 50.0 MPG yesterday driving thru rain I managed a new personal best today. Not as good as GrySql's ... ;-)

C4FA8DC4-CF8B-47EF-A260-80A3711D01E6-876

Might have been even better but this one lady just couldn't loose against a hybrid... well she did anyway ;-)

After "only" 50.0 MPG yesterday driving thru rain I managed a new personal best today. Not as good as GrySql's ... ;-)

My car is not one of those great high mileage beauties, just an every day good mileage FFH.

That makes it the most pleasant driving, innovative car and best gas mpg car I've owned in the last 55 years.

When I drive another new car, as I have in the last week ('13 Focus, '12 fusion, '13 Escape) I am convinced I purchased the right car.

All these little early adopter Job 1 adjustments and updates have not dimmed my enthusiasm for this FFH.

My car is not one of those great high mileage beauties, just an every day good mileage FFH.

That makes it the most pleasant driving, innovative car and best gas mpg car I've owned in the last 55 years.

When I drive another new car, as I have in the last week ('13 Focus, '12 fusion, '13 Escape) I am convinced I purchased the right car.

All these little early adopter Job 1 adjustments and updates have not dimmed my enthusiasm for this FFH.

I'm glad you're convinced you bought the right car even after the bumps and bruises. Our experience has been a little better than yours, but not without our fair share of problems and I'm also convinced we bought the right car. My confidence in it is a little shaken, but since most of our issues have been trim issues, not car issues, I'm not concerned about it lasting a good long time.

i couldnt agree more i still havent received mine because they are waiting on the redesigned fuel module, but now im driving a '13 escape and feel almost at home minus the awesome mpg.

They say either the end of this week or next week they should receive it they are reimbursing me for all expensises til i receive my car

but now im driving a '13 escape and feel almost at home minus the awesome mpg.

It's funny you say that because the '13 Escape has a lot of the Fusion's drive-ability. It was the car I felt most at home with, even the leather shift knob!

I got as high as 28mpg with it but the dashboard center stack was odd with the radio controls almost horizontal.

I think you will be amazed how nice the FFH feels when you finally get it back, I hope it is soon.