elle

MPG Happy Talk

This is the longest single trip I've been able to do EV only. I've seen upwards of 2 miles without the ICE coming on under the right conditions but never a single trip so long

null_zps0a2ed3db.jpg

This is the longest single trip I've been able to do EV only. I've seen upwards of 2 miles without the ICE coming on under the right conditions but never a single trip so long

That is very cool maybe your FFH is slowly morphing into an FFE ;-)

Thought I would join in with posting my last fill-up. This car is awesome and exceeding my expectations. What's even better about this fill-up is that the wife drove 150 miles of highway driving yesterday. She has no clue to watch the gauges and doesn't care to.

20130630_105911_zpsc3ff14b0.jpg

I was a little concerned initially with buying this car because it was built on 12/19/12 and I didn't buy it until May 2013. The car had 450 miles on it, transferred from PA to MD and had a lifetime of 34.8 mpg's.

I was a little concerned initially with buying this car because it was built on 12/19/12 and I didn't buy it until May 2013. The car had 450 miles on it, transferred from PA to MD and had a lifetime of 34.8 mpg's.

Looks like you teached her some manners nice MPG results you are showing.

I mean your FFH in case that wasn't clear ;-)

Back home in Minneapolis and our city mileage is still up there

null_zpsd38b588f.jpg

null_zpscfaadd6b.jpg

These trips were to & from my parents' house yesterday to see their new Energi and to install their 240V charger for them. I also did leather treatment on their seats and will get the Zaino treatment done on their car and ours within the next month

Check out this thread in the C-Max Hybrid Forum about getting 800 miles on one tank of gas!!

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2316-journey-to-800-miles-on-a-single-tank-in-a-c-max-hybrid/

if anyone can come close to that it would probably be you, the rest of us can only dream

My typical commute home from work. Never over 62mph because of traffic or back roads. Love this car and I must be lucky for the route I take compared to others on this forum.

20130701_161029_zps58bc8c7a.jpg

if anyone can come close to that it would probably be you, the rest of us can only dream

Speak for yourself.

Trip_67_3_20130414_zps1453aa9b.jpg

This pic is a couple months old - had the same trip the other night and got a 73.3 but didn't take a pic. But to be honest it was 52.1 on the way over, so the average is only about 61, but love seeing the display after the return trips...

Edited by jeff_h

Speak for yourself.

sorry i forgot you post awesome numbers also

Well, the Flex is not ready for our trip tomorrow so look like I will have to take the Fusion. Hope I can keep it up around 44 or so like I did last time on the Interstate. Will be interesting for sure with 5 people in the car with our luggage. I wont be taking a computer with me, and novent figured out how to post crap from FB to here using my iphone, so updates wont come about until maybe Saturday.

Wish me luck! I know I will be using less gas by not driving the Flex, but I got the Flex for just such things, Road trips in comfort. grrrrrr I hate deer.

It has been raining so much here that I am looking to outfit my Fusion with waterwings. 12 inches in June, and so far in july almost 4 inches more. Good thing we are at such high elevation! My lot is a whopping 37 feet above sea level. Luckily, I have a wetland behind and a large pond alongside, all of which drain into the rivers. Hope I don't have to "ford" any streams nearby. MPG is consistent at just under 40, which I am very pleased with.

Drive safe and have fun up north in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Say hi to hybridbear in case you see him.

Just got back from Minne snow ta about a week ago, and I have to say the driving in the metro of Mpls/St. Paul is horrendous. Almost any direction at any time and the traffic may back up to a crawl. I was driving the Chevy Cruze which got hybid like mileage, but still. And then there is the 2 season issue: Winter and Road Repair. The roads take such a beating that it is impossible to maintain them well. Here in SC, in my area they simply don't usually have any money for road repair or building.

I made it to HB TERRITORY! I can see how he gets such good MPG. I got 56 driving from Donatellis back to our Inn, about a 13 mile trip. I avoided the highways, and took the streets.

Not sure how to post a pic using mobile but will when I get a chance.

I made it to HB TERRITORY! I can see how he gets such good MPG. I got 56 driving from Donatellis back to our Inn, about a 13 mile trip. I avoided the highways, and took the streets.

Awesome!

Trip to work this morning (went to Costco to fill up instead of work, so it's 1 mile longer than my usual trip). BTW gas is $3.19, but about to go up. Woo hoo!

Sweet! You beat me this morning by .3 mpg lol... :shift: I stopped for gas just after leaving the house which is why it's a few miles short from what it normally is.

IMG_20130703_082716.jpg

I haven't posted a lot of pics here lately because the car has become very predictable which is great! My little "drive like a normal car" experiment went very well over the last couple tanks. Basically I can achieve almost the same numbers in the city as when I do a more "hybrid" driving style. The highway is the same. I can achieve 39-42 on the interstate with speeds ranging from 60 to 75 mph. This car continues to be a joy to drive!

When I hit 10k miles I will be taking my car back in for it's second oil change which I am going to switch to full synthetic and 10k between changes. I am also going to have them fix the axle noise and perform the TSB for the "Key not found" issue. This has happened a few times since it's been hot. I still like reading about everyone's experiences and seeing their progress, especially the new members to the forum who just bought theirs.

Just got back from Minne snow ta about a week ago, and I have to say the driving in the metro of Mpls/St. Paul is horrendous. Almost any direction at any time and the traffic may back up to a crawl. I was driving the Chevy Cruze which got hybid like mileage, but still. And then there is the 2 season issue: Winter and Road Repair. The roads take such a beating that it is impossible to maintain them well. Here in SC, in my area they simply don't usually have any money for road repair or building.

Traffic here is awful. That's why I stay off the freeways for the most part now and try to avoid driving during rush hour. On Fridays the traffic is awful starting at 2pm and the rest of the week it's the worst between 4 and 5:30. I try to not be driving anywhere during those times. The road repair is a big factor in the traffic. Either we have snow slowing down traffic or whenever it isn't snowing there's tons of construction to fix the damage which slows traffic.

Awesome!! I imagine over on that part of the city the county roads are mostly 35+ MPH, right? The farther you can go without stopping the better the MPG will be.

Quick trip to JJ's returned some fantasy MPGs.

1292F62F-6C5E-4B74-9E2D-76A2FFBCAF27-801

It's pretty much all downhill coming back and EV+ turns on when turning into the office park. On the way out I only got 28.1 but that still leaves me with 45.6 MPG for the round trip.

Ok so I decided to take my normal route on my commute :shift: home and this is what I got. Temp is high 80's and mild humidity and I had the A/C on but it didn't take long for it to cool down since I drove several miles with windows down and A/C to air it out.

2013-07-03+04-29-09-438.jpg

Not too bad considering heavy traffic, lots of stop lights due to the heavy traffic and idiot drivers causing me to slam on my brakes...

I can easily get over 50 on my morning drive in but not going home. The extra 4 mpg or so is not worth it to me to add the extra time and frustration by going back the city route. I can get 40-42 when I take the highway route home and have a much more enjoyable drive. Probably won't be doing that again lol...

Happy to see this thread still going strong! My mileage is slowly improving, more or less. Short trips are still generally crap, but my average trip to work is around 45mpg. I find that the battery is charging more and better in the mornings lately and I think that is helping.