elle

MPG Happy Talk

No AC just windows down 4" all the way around.

Just to compare I got 46.5 MPG driving home with AC on yesterday. That number makes me happy too but I can't post a picture of every morning and afternoon drive. ;-)

In addition to the AC the return trip has always been lower MPG just due to more 65 MPH travel and generally more uphill going home.

No AC just windows down 4" all the way around.

Just to compare I got 46.5 MPG driving home with AC on yesterday. That number makes me happy too but I can't post a picture of every morning and afternoon drive. ;-)

In addition to the AC the return trip has always been lower MPG just due to more 65 MPH travel and generally more uphill going home.

Same situation for me. I can get 52 to 55 on my morning commute with no A/C and I have been getting 47 to 49 with the A/C on the last 3 days. Way to humid for me to not use it..

Drove to Franklin Park today. Sitting at 49 MPG after 145 miles on this tank now.

Well if that result doesn't make you smile.

47.3 To Garys trip

Another day in Fusionville :)

I thought this was pretty good. I live in very hilly terrain and it consistently gets over 45, but I thought this was kind of special ..... :happy feet:

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/uploads/gallery/album_286/gallery_11362_286_24424.jpg

Edited by rjent

We just did a 150 mile round trip to a friend's lake cottage with four adults in the car, A/C set at 70 degrees with a trunk full of picnic goodies and 3 lawn chairs. The route was part city and part highway driving and max speed was 61 mph. I was pleased to see 47.2 mpg on the trip odometer for the ride. :)

Highway driving at 65 MPH today. Had the wind behind us. The trip to Rochester on Thursday got only 44 MPG driving into the wind. Overall for the weekend we averaged 46.6 MPG doing 65+ MPH

null_zpsc385a60c.jpg

My lifetime seems to be just under 43 mpg. I regularly get 44-57 on my work trips but the short trips around home are probably brining my overall mpg down. I wish I could just plug in my battery for an initial start up charge, that's what gets me. Not an engeri type plug in, just plug in enough to get the soc past 50% when I roll out of the driveway. If I was able to do that I'd get over 50 every time.

Well this is a disappointment. Tank average was 47.3 when I filled, showing 9.16 gallons used. First click off came to 9.6 gallons, so only showing 45 MPG. :(

Oh well, 45 appears to be the best tank yet so can't complain too much, but a 1/2 gallon discrepancy stinks.

Well this is a disappointment. Tank average was 47.3 when I filled, showing 9.16 gallons used. First click off came to 9.6 gallons, so only showing 45 MPG. :(

Oh well, 45 appears to be the best tank yet so can't complain too much, but a 1/2 gallon discrepancy stinks.

That's still awesome! I have yet to get that high for a tank. I do a lot of interstate driving so low 40's is it but I'm good with that! Love this car!

Same thing happened to me on my last tank. Trip 1 avg was sitting at 48 MPG but after the first click I had more fuel in the tank than indicated. This dropped the calculated MPG to 47.1 MPG but hey I'm not complaining by any means.

So I know it isn't as great as some of the numbers on here but I am ecstatic to get 47.5 on my 13 mile trip home today. I just got my baby a few days ago and I have less than 200 miles on her so far. I would post a picture but I haven't figured that out yet even after reading the boards.

So I know it isn't as great as some of the numbers on here but I am ecstatic to get 47.5 on my 13 mile trip home today. I just got my baby a few days ago and I have less than 200 miles on her so far. I would post a picture but I haven't figured that out yet even after reading the boards.

Don't downplay 47.5 MPG you are already beating EPA with only 200 miles wait until you have 10x the miles.

Not sure what you are using but the IMG link of photobucket works very well.

I starting to get this figured out. I happy with several of my trips so far. Now I have to teach my husband how to drive he is in the the low to mid 30s.

null_zps9d0656b0.jpg

null_zpsf3fd6349.jpg

I starting to get this figured out. I happy with several of my trips so far. Now I have to teach my husband how to drive he is in the the low to mid 30s.

Looks like he can definitely take some lessons from you!

If that's on a similar/identical drive, the difference between drivers is impressive. Shows how much variation there can be between experiences. Sometimes we default to the idea that a car might be a lemon (and in some cases it is) but sometimes it just takes adjustment by the driver.

My lifetime seems to be just under 43 mpg. I regularly get 44-57 on my work trips but the short trips around home are probably brining my overall mpg down. I wish I could just plug in my battery for an initial start up charge, that's what gets me. Not an engeri type plug in, just plug in enough to get the soc past 50% when I roll out of the driveway. If I was able to do that I'd get over 50 every time.

Have you posted this on the Ford Social ideas page? I think this is the best suggestion I've ever heard of for improving these cars. If it could trickle charge through a plug like the EBH plug would be fantastic and would take so little electricity.

Hey...Have you guys seen the news?

Ford is responding to complaints that its gasoline-electric hybrids are not delivering advertised miles per gallon by offering owners a free software upgrade that should improve their real-world fuel economy.

Letters will go out by the end of July to about 77,000 owners of the Ford C-Max, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ hybrids. They will be instructed to make an appointment with their dealers for a half-day of work adjusting the software at no charge. New 2014 models will have the upgrades done at the factory.

Ford made a big advertising splash last fall, boasting that the new Fusion Hybrid had an Environmental Protection Agency rating of 47 m.p.g. for combined highway and city driving. The new C-Max hybrid also was stickered for 47 m.p.g. The Lincoln MKZ hybrid went on sale earlier this year with a rating of 45 m.p.g.

Many consumers reported they were unable to get close to those figures in their driving experience. Some of those owners joined class actions alleging the numbers represent false advertising on Ford’s part.

Raj Nair, Ford’s head of global product development, said the voluntary action is not related to the lawsuits, but rather is part of continuous improvement efforts.

He would not say how much better mileage will get nor did he estimate the cost of the dealer actions. But he did say the software changes will not change the EPA ratings and the government agency is aware of the program.

The calibrations are designed to reduce the variability of the mileage different drivers get on the road with hybrids, more so than with gasoline-powered vehicles.

Among the calibration changes:

■ The hybrids will automatically remain in electric-only mode to a top speed of 85 m.p.h., up from 62 m.p.h. now.

■ Active grille shutters will close in cold weather or when the air conditioner is running to warm or cool the cabin faster, allowing the batteries to kick in sooner to run in electric mode.

■ Fan speed will be reduced, requiring less fuel to operate.

■ The engine will warm up 50% faster, which allows stop-start technology to work faster, saving fuel when the vehicle turns itself off when idled.

The changes do not affect Ford’s Fusion and C-Max plug-in hybrids, Nair said.