elle

MPG Happy Talk

I wonder how Coach is doing with his.

I also wonder what happened to him. The last we heard was that he was being time consumed from coaching track at school. Should be done with that by now but still no post from him. Hope he is okay.

Here are some interesting result from today. I stopped to refuel before I headed to one of our campuses that's a little over an hour away. Now this time I did the 3 clicks instead of stopping the first time it clicks off. Now you see what my car said was used in the the pic below but I pumped 10.02 which resulted in an average mpg of 36.7. Now last fill up I didn't do the 3 clicks so I will wait until next fill up before I can accurately compare.

20130530_080218.jpg

This pick is when I arrived at my destination. This was all interstate at mostly 75 mph on cruise going up a long climbing ridge 75% of the time and there was a decent wind so I am ok with this considering the speed and terrain.

20130530_091659.jpg

Now for the happy part lol.. I left there and had to make another stop and coming off the ridge I did just over 39 mpg but forgot to snap the pic. I left there and went home which was 80% back roads and 20% interstate but traffic moving slow at 60 to 65 mph :shift: so EV was able to kick in. Very happy with this number and this is almost identical to corncobs previous post.

20130530_175407.jpg :rockon: :headspin:

Love this car!!! :happy feet:

Edited by gadgetguy

Here are some interesting result from today. I stopped to refuel before I headed to one of our campuses that's a little over an hour away. Now this time I did the 3 clicks instead of stopping the first time it clicks off. Now you see what my car said was used in the the pic below but I pumped 10.02 which resulted in an average mpg of 36.7. Now last fill up I didn't do the 3 clicks so I will wait until next fill up before I can accurately compare.

Love this car!!! :happy feet:

Just curious, how much gas were you able to pump between click 1 and click 3?

Ok this is unrelated to Happy MPG and sorry for posting it here but I know this stream is watched closely. Some of you might remember about a week ago when I had that close call when that idiot passed on a two lane and I had to avoid a head on collision. Well yesterday evening I discovered this on my RR wheel which I can only assume was done by a rock when I had to go off the road. I was pissed when I saw this!!!! :angry22: :banghead: :rant2:

20130530_075819.jpg

I'm going to have to replace the tire because it snagged the side where the ridge is but not sure what to do about the wheel. The factory wheel is over $600 bucks :doh: and I was considering replacing with some decent aftermarkets, do any of you think there could be a safety issue by what you can see in the pic? Does anyone know what the weight of the factory 18" 20 spoke wheel is? I want to be sure I buy a lighter wheel if I decide to go that route.

I sick about this but it happens... Stupid drivers!!

Just curious, how much gas were you able to pump between click 1 and click 3?

I should have specifically noted that but it was approx .5 to .75 of a gallon.

Hi gadgetguy first of all sorry about you damaged wheel that really sucks. You are not actually thinking replacing the rim are you? The tire however looks pretty damaged on the side wall definitely nothing to mess around with.

Now a happy comment; you are absolutely right about the results yours and mine; really almost identical result on all accounts very cool!

Ok this is unrelated to Happy MPG and sorry for posting it here but I know this stream is watched closely. Some of you might remember about a week ago when I had that close call when that idiot passed on a two lane and I had to avoid a head on collision. Well yesterday evening I discovered this on my RR wheel which I can only assume was done by a rock when I had to go off the road. I was pissed when I saw this!!!! :angry22: :banghead: :rant2:
20130530_075819.jpg

I'm going to have to replace the tire because it snagged the side where the ridge is but not sure what to do about the wheel. The factory wheel is over $600 bucks :doh: and I was considering replacing with some decent aftermarkets, do any of you think there could be a safety issue by what you can see in the pic? Does anyone know what the weight of the factory 18" 20 spoke wheel is? I want to be sure I buy a lighter wheel if I decide to go that route.

I sick about this but it happens... Stupid drivers!![/quot
20130530_075819.jpg

That wheel can be repaired...$200 max. I ran a wheel into a curb I thought was unrepairable. You can't tell where the repair was made. If that's the 18 (Good Year LS2, 235/R45-18) inch tire don't pay more than $110 for it. I punctured a tire the first month and that's what I paid for it.
Edited by gkinla

So yesterday morning temp in the 70's looks good for windows down doing about 50 - 60 mph

20130530_054008.jpg

but the commute home wasn't that good temp in the low 90's with a/c on and cold start and bumper to bumper traffic

20130530_194514.jpg

Edited by Da0ne

Ouch! I missed the story about the almost head on collision. With almost 6000 miles on your car can you get away with replacing just the one tire or is the tread worn down enough that you would need to replace 2? Hopefully the tire can just be repaired and not need replacing. Is it still holding air ok?

SHoot, you should see one of my tires that has a gouge out of it! Been like that for the past 40K+ miles.

So last night I got the best for me so far when traveling more that 100 feet:

Pharmacy Trip

I've also found myself using the graphs more for figuring out where I can improve:

MPG Over Time - Morning Commute - 5/31/2013

That said this morning was my best morning to date. Hopefully EV+ will kick in for work soon:

Trip - Morning Commute - 5/31/2013

Oh and my lifetime (without the test drives/dealer exchange) average continues to edge up as well:

Lifetime - Morning Commute - 5/31/2013

Edited by Guardian_Bob

Nice numbers with only 600 miles total! I do the with the history screen it's very helpful.

As far as lifetime avg goes I'm almost back to 39 MPG myself after my road trip dropped it from 40.1 to 37.7 MPG.

Nice numbers with only 600 miles total! I do the with the history screen it's very helpful.

As far as lifetime avg goes I'm almost back to 39 MPG myself after my road trip dropped it from 40.1 to 37.7 MPG.

Just waiting for it to warm up... It is still <50 in the morning here.

Ouch! I missed the story about the almost head on collision. With almost 6000 miles on your car can you get away with replacing just the one tire or is the tread worn down enough that you would need to replace 2? Hopefully the tire can just be repaired and not need replacing. Is it still holding air ok?

Yeah that was an eye opening moment to say the least lol. It is holding air just fine and there is no bubble or vibration. After closer inspection it looks like it just caught the raised part on the side of the tire that sticks out past the wheel. I am not one to mess around with tires however and with almost 6000 miles on it I would imagine I could replace just one. But again my OCD about different radius tires on the same axle might drive me insane since that is not a good thing to do, at least on the front lol...

Edited by gadgetguy

:happy feet: 954803_548187931890012_621719856_n.jpg

I also took a pic of the tire I mentioned earlier, look much worse than yours does.

945429_548187878556684_1944784891_n.jpg

:happy feet:

I also took a pic of the tire I mentioned earlier, look much worse than yours does.

Fantastic MPG and I would have had to definitely replace that tire!

Trip this morning, took the freeway because I was in a hurry

null_zps4b45cdce.jpg

Another trip today

null_zpse2eeee84.jpg

Another good trip

null_zpsc0a03957.jpg

MPGs hampered by rain on this trip

null_zps47743b66.jpg

Coming home tonight. My wife & I went over to my parents' house for supper and coming home from their house always has great mileage

null_zps14293742.jpg

The Lifetime ticked up to 43.1 today, and notice our Lifetime brake score. I have never reset the Lifetime. When we picked the car up from the dealer with 12 miles on it the Lifetime MPG was 12 MPG and the brake score was similarly low

null_zpsa5c4f1cd.jpg

@ hybridbear

I have no idea how you are able to pull these high MPG # on these "short mile" trips. Your numbers are absolutely exceptional.

@ hybridbear

I have no idea how you are able to pull these high MPG # on these "short mile" trips. Your numbers are absolutely exceptional.

I agree 100%!

Oh in a side note. I took my car by my local Discount Tire to get it checked and it turns out I got lucky. The small gash is actually only on the raised area of the sidewall that's design to protect the rim so there is no damage that is affecting the integrity of the sidewall structure. So I'm going to leave it and just keep an eye on it just in case. The wheel damage is also strictly cosmetic and definitely not worth $700 to fix it.

I know it's only 1.5 miles but I really tried to get the best mileage. There are 6 stop signs between home and the store. Every stop was a planned event, every acceleration from the stop sign was a planned event. Quite frankly the people getting those high mileage numbers must be the most patient individuals ever. If I drove this way every day I would be suffering from PTSD in no time flat. Kudos to those who are getting the great short mileage numbers on a regular basis. It was 9:00pm and the traffic was nonexistant, so there was no one behind me, pushing me along.

image-6-8-1.jpg

Edited by gkinla

I agree it needs patience and no traffic or no stops and 25 MPH speed limit which is pretty much hybridbears drive.

I had one just like yours the other day 3 stop signs and 1 traffic light.

F498E30C-CE73-45E6-A28C-750DFC8BC726-336

That was the way back and the way there I only got 39.3 :-((