gimmieMPG

Does the hybrid have enough power?

Its OK. I havent driven one with 17" wheels, but the 18" wheels improve handling quite a bit, and it does have pep. It drives the same as the Cmax.

Well, the one thing I am glad about is the concern over the 18" tires not being fuel efficient, and so far, that has been a false assumption as those whose cars actually work properly and have these tires are getting good MPG. They do improve handling on the cars quite a bit over the smaller wheel size with larger sidewalls. The handling between the 2010 and the 2013 is like night and day. It helps a lot when you hypermile too as you can take turns faster and not have to slow down as much.

1-2 is nothing when you consider the handling improvements. So far traction has been much better with these tires than with the Michelins on our other car. I'll take 1-2 MPG fewer for those two benefits. Then again I would be happy just seeing 40 in mine, hasnt happened yet.