hybridbear

How Ford achieved 47 MPG in testing, and why you can't in the real world

I get about 35mpg average now. A bit better than the 32 I was getting before the update, but no where near what most on this forum get. I'm disappointed, but as time goes on I find I'm not obsessing as much as I was. What are my options..I can't trade it in without taking a huge loss. I ordered the car exactly like I wanted it, and I love it except for the gas mileage.

You noted in another post that you were wondering about how many previous addresses were kept in the navigation, or something to that effect -- would that indicate that your daily routine involves a lot of short trips or trips to places where you're unfamiliar? One of the things that helps me in my daily commute is knowing where the uphills and downhills are and planning ahead to have a higher SOC ready for slight uphills or a low SOC when I know there's a good downhill ahead, etc etc..which helps with the MPG on the trips. If you don't have the familiarity I wonder if that diminishes the ability to plan ahead and get a little better MPG?