fusionTX

C-Max, Prius and Prius V Comparisons

Ford has a long uphill battle against Prius, no other car company can beat it, toyota did a great job on that drive system and chassis, but too bad its an ugly uncomfortable pedestrian car. The Fusion though has potential to do better than the Cmax at highway speeds due to it having a lower coefficient of drag. I'm certain a properly running Fusion can do as well as the Prius, hoping some day mine will be properly running to find out. If I can squeeze 50MPG highway out of a 10, I should be able to do more on the 13. I did 75 in a Prius from PA to IL, once I hit IL though, it dropped down due to the city idiots who cant drive. Total MPG on that trip came out to 65 MPG. I have had tanks of 43+ on my 2010 Fusion Hybrid though, mixed city/highway. Pretty good considering its rated 39 combined.

Oh that is so easy to do, just flip the trans to B mode and drive like you stole it. No EV at that point.

yeah, me thinks Prius owners will become envious of our coolass cars that get near the same MPG(hopefully). There are a few Pri owners who have test driven the Cmax and gave it high regards, but are still leary of owning an american car. The test drive reports also keep them away.

The Prius has a coolant heat exchanger in the exhaust for faster warm-ups. Ford should have this. The last generation Prius had a "Thermos" container that stored warm engine coolant a long time. The Prius is a lighter, smaller engine to warm up also.