Sign in to follow this  
acdii

1300 miles, how does it look?

Not the best photo, but what can you expect from a phone.

379751_492578517450954_1869091754_n.jpg46342_492578590784280_909012772_n.jpg

They were replaced around 4500 miles, car now has 5800 miles.

It was easier than I thought to get them out, two small bolts for the aircleaner/cover, loosen the band on the throttle body, two more bolts for the snorkel and pop the whole thing off, but dont yank it as there is an electrical fitting taped to it, and has to be unscrewed to get it completely off, but I was able to get it up and away enough to reach the first 2 plugs. one bolt for the COP, then I can get the plug out.

Normal replacement is at 100k.

^that!

I forgot to subtract EV mode so that is only about 900 miles.

The center electrode is OK, its very thin out of the box. The SOOT however is not normal, and Ford has no clue, well, they would if they got off their collective asses and actually took the car and analyzed it.

It needs to be put on a dyno with an emissions probe, cylinder compression probes, fuel metering, O2 metering, and run it at 65 and find out why it is using so much fuel.

Just for kicks I should pull the plug out of my utility tractor with 80 hours on it and compare.

Since its so freaking cold out, decided to pull the plug on my little 20CC gas engine that the last flight on was into the ground, so the plug is a bit wet from oil still since I have killed the ignition before it hit and windmilled fuel/oil without spark on its way into the ground(wing snapped off in flight). It was tuned on the rich side since it only has 1 1/2 gallons through it, and still being broken in. Notice no carbon build up. It also was run cold with no cowl, so never really got hot. It has a 14 ounce tank good for 30 minutes run time wide open, so it has about 6 1/2 hours run time on it.

555419_493196557389150_250952926_n.jpg