Sign in to follow this  
fusionTX

FAA Grounds all 787s

With proper cooling and monitoring, maintaining between 40 and 80% charge, the Lion packs will last a VERY long time. But discharge, or overcharge them once time, and toss them away or you risk a fire. Lion are much much safer than LiPo packs though. Damage the packaging on a Lipo, RUN!

With all the orange convoluted wire coverings and orange striped tape in this car I acquainted myself with the High Voltage Service Disconnect right away.

These cars do a lot of interesting things and a collision and 'hard physical jolt' causes things to happen.

A question for acdii and the 2010FFH accident.

First, I'm happy to hear that you and your family are basically okay and the car is being repaired.

Question(s): Did the (I love this new terminology) non-trivial collision event cause the fuel or batteries to shutoff?

Did a simple re-start get the car going again?

It didnt hit hard enough to trigger any of the kill switches. Just enough to jolt us, and break the wheel bearing. I was only going between 15 and 20.