acdii

2013 FFH Highway MPG

What is everyone getting on Interstate driving 65 MPH using EcoCruise?

post miles driven and temps.

So far I am seeing fewer than 38 MPG under ideal conditions, 36 in the cold with a tail wind, and under 30 with a head wind going no faster than 65, and not exceeding 3K during acceleration to speed.

This past week I thought, maybe, just maybe it was bad plugs, but this is the first I took it on the interstate since the plugs were replaced and it has made no difference on the highway.

The odds of four new plugs being bad is miniscule. It wasn't the plugs. It's not fixed. Sorry !

The odds of four new plugs being bad is miniscule. It wasn't the plugs. It's not fixed. Sorry !

Tending to agree on this one. Feel like back to square 1 now after the highway trip. I took our 2010 today, 8* outside and still managed to eek out 37 MPG.

I would imagine there is mostly a comparable (percentage) drop in any car from 55 to 70 mph.

I think this was a big factor in my getting an average of 49.0 on my 60-mile commute yesterday, as I set the cruise at 60 instead of 65-70. My 2010's MPG would degrade as the MPH went up, seems like the dropoff is a little bit steeper on the 2013, at least that's what it seems thus far.

What is the coefficient of drag between the two cars, or did they not mention it? COD makes a huge difference over certain speeds. Thats why the Prius does so well at any speed, it is one slippery bugger.

What is the coefficient of drag between the two cars, or did they not mention it? COD makes a huge difference over certain speeds. Thats why the Prius does so well at any speed, it is one slippery bugger.

I don't know the numbers but I think you're right. And I didn't like driving the "slippery bugger" Prius when it was windy, it got thrown around too much.

I don't know the numbers but I think you're right. And I didn't like driving the "slippery bugger" Prius when it was windy, it got thrown around too much.

Same here! Cross winds sucked in that car. What was even worse was the traction control, or the stop/start when a wheel slipped. It didnt limit power to the slipping wheel, it shut power off completely! That was dangerous when you are trying to pull out into traffic and your tires are on gravel. That was the main reason we got rid of the car. Great MPG is one thing, but putting my family in danger, not.

One time it took me 20 minutes to go up a hill when there was a little snow on it. I couldnt turn around, could barely move forward. I just held the throttle down and bumped my way up the hill.

Yeah, that! Heck just doing the 65 MPH speed limit is risky. Forget about doing the 55 MPH one, idiots drive 80 there!

Is there ANY hybrid getting 45+ mpg at over 70+ mph? If there is I would like to know. I bet everyone would be interested.

Not anymore. I drove a Prius for 130k miles and averaged 51MPG lifetime (tracked each fillup)... setting the cruise over 70 would give an average of low 40s, but then again driving city is where the Prius got the highest MPG as my estimated ratings were 60/51.

From your recent posts it sounds like you want to drive without regard to MPG but still want to have great MPG. If your primary concern is driving fast then get a 1.6 with Manual and save a lot of money up front, and if you don't get MPG in the 40s who cares...