Sign in to follow this  
fusionTX

Coasting in Fusion 2013

Mine slows down quickly too, my 2010 though, take my foot off and it takes a long time to slow down. I had my wife follow me once, and she had to ride the brake whenever I took my foot of the gas to keep from hitting me. It does regen when coasting, and I believe that is the reason it slows so fast.

So what you experienced in your test drives was normal for these cars, the only time I found it will coast is if the battery is fully charged.

But as I see it, my 2013 FFH really DOES regen / recharge coasting downhill.

Yes as I also see it, my 2013 FFH charges the HV battery when coasting. On I-95 Southbound there is a place called the "HOV merge" (VA users know exactly where I mean) where we rejoin the main lanes, it's slightly downhill and goes for about ½ mile and since there are 2 HOV lanes merging into the 3 existing main lanes and thus going 5 lanes to 3 there is almost always a backup at the merge point, and you can see it coming from that ½ mile away and so that means in light traffic you have that time to go from 60 down to 10 MPH and with a slight downhill (on Fridays fuggedaboudit, it's backed up a few miles up the road but most Mon-Weds the coasting can be done), so every day this is when I coast and the 'up' arrow immediately goes on, and by the end of it you can see that the HV level appears to have risen a notch or two -- so I believe the answer is yes, the charging occurs during coasting, just not as much as when easing on the regen braking.