Sign in to follow this  
redfusion

Getting ready to buy a Fusion Hybrid...help!

which car to get?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Get the Hybrid

2. 2. Get the Fusion SE

hey red i had to vote for both the SE and the hybrid for my vote to take but i say hybrid all the way ! The row of batteries is no big deal (ya ride around with a half a tank of explosive gas & don't give it a second thought) forget the battery - 40 MPG mixed city highway is easy the Fusion hybrid costs more up front but less in the end add some pin stripes and a spoiler if you like hysterical.gif

Get the hybrid and your hubby will be in your debt forever. You'll enjoy driving it and he should go wild. Get at least the 501 package for the camera, BLIS, CTA and Moonroof.

I've had my Milan Hybrid for a year and a half, put 46,000 miles on it so far and still love the car. Getting between 37mpg (winter) and 42mpg (summer). The heater fan was replaced while the car was still under warranty but that's been the only problem. The rear deck is kinda high so the rear camera makes sense. Mine is fully loaded. No complaints whatsoever.

Edited by HarleyJoel

Email meHii Everyone,

This is my first post. My husband and I are going to get a new car, Either the Fusion SE or the Hybrid. I bet you already know who wants the Hybrid.

We are replacing my 2000 Taurus. It is my turn to pick the new car, Hubby just wants to pick the engine,

I want the Fusion SE, Has the same fold down back seats I like and a cool spoiler. I know it is a gas guzzler but its time to hand it over to someone else. The idea of having a row of batteries in the car is unnerving. We were told they will run 80,000 miles and cost $3500 (today) to replace. If you get hit will the batteries blow up. Don't laugh I don't know.

I have several questions about the Hybrid.

Has anyone had trouble with the batteries? We live in SE Michigan, USA and we have some harsh winters. How does the car operate in the snow or hot summers?

My understanding is that you have to drive 45mph or under to get the benefit of the batteries and higher mph.

Do you like your car? if you had to do it over again would you?

to those of you that got the backup camera on the rear view mirror do you like it? is is worth the extra money?

Have you had problems with your car?

What kind of mileage do you really get?

Thanks so much for your input and votes......

Eileen Herron

I tried to set up a poll not sure it worked.....

The HVB (high voltage battery) is a non-issue, Ford says it will last "the life of the car". It's guaranteed for 8-10 years and 100,000 -- 150,000 miles. They don't "blow up". The rear seat back does not fold down, however. The car is superb in all climates. The mileage decreases a lot in cold weather but is still much better than non hybrids. Speed is not a factor other than the faster you go, the lower the mpg. The car gets 45 mpg. at 50 mph and 60 deg. F. Mpg. increases 0.2 mpg for every 1 deg. F. increase in temp. Mpg. decreases 0.6 mpg for every 1 mph increase in speed. I am ecstatic with the car. The best value is the 501 package with the camera, moon roof, BLIS and CTA ( Cross Traffic Advisory ). My long term mileage since new is 41 mpg. at 25,000 miles.

Edited by lolder