Sign in to follow this  
allen84

Anyone here added a amp and subwoofer yet?

All of the high voltage cables are covered with blaze orange insulators. If you disconnect the 12v battery you are essentially disconnecting the HVB. The interconnect relay on the HVB pack will only close when 12v is present. The way to be super-sure is to remove the HVB manual internconnect. The instructions are in the owners manual.

The 12v system in the FFH is pretty much the same as any other car. The only difference is that instead of an alternator there is a voltage converter that generates 12v from the high voltage system.

There are a boatload of computers on the FFH (as in most modern cars). They communicate on two different busses running around the car. The real risk is that you modify the 12v wiring and cause glitches.

Jon

I was thinking of adding my 10" enclosed subwoofer and amp, just sitting around, to the fusion hybrid. from my last car, i ditched.

Need to know if its hard to do? and if its a viable, worthwhile thing to attempt. Not wanting really to mess around with the HIGH VOLTAGE inside and get a massive electrocution and get seriously injured !!

Couldnt really find any usable info on google, so im thinking if any of you put one in? and how it is hooked up?

Does it effect the EV battery that much?