Sign in to follow this  
Kelly Trusz Urban

my '11 FFH is no more

Really sorry for your misfortune. I don't think ON STAR works when the 12 v. goes either and I think they're going to an external cell also as the built-in ones keep becoming obsolete. Here's an almost new salvage HVB. I think the Prius (below average) accident rate is producing 100 times more serviceable HVBs than are failing.

I wonder why On-Star and or 911 assist doesn't have a capacitor big enough for a 20 second call just in case (or a couple rechargeable batteries) - but if it was that easy they would have done it ?

This accident was a worst case event in that it failed the 12 v system but probably not a rare accident. The air bag systems have a capacitor but they only have to last for milliseconds. The On-Star ad about a separate cell phone flying to destruction or inaccessibility in an impact is not far fetched. Where do you keep your personal cell in the car where it's protected, accessible, has a good signal and won't be forgotten when you exit normally. I haven't decided.

Sorry about your smashup. Glad you're all right. Better luck with the next one.

Edited by hondaconvert

nothin' a little duct tape and touch paint wont fix!! Glad your O.K. Car is made to collapse so you don't take the hit. Time to break in another new one!

^^haha!

my son took it off the car as a souvenir....but its wrecked too

finding a 502a down in mississippi is hard, may have to travel a bit :)

If you live in South Mississippi I saw a FFH and a MMH on the lot near the Gulfport airport yesterday; good luck.