Sign in to follow this  
FFHdriver

Loose engine cover

The right corner near the battery is loose and not fastened down like the other corners. Is yours the same? TIA

That big grey plastic engine cover thing on mine will come off in my hands, I put it back on but there are zero screws holding it in place - in fact the only mounting hardware is a few suction cups on the bottom of it & some plastic legs things that attach it to the top of the engine, thank goodness for gravity - the corner near the battery is the farthest from the mounting hardware, don't fiddle with it or yours will come off to.

Edited by rfruth

The cover gently snaps in place or is removed by a gentle pull. It shouldn't be loose. Align it by the oil fill cap hole.

Do the hybrids have the same basic 2.5L DOHC Duratec I-4 engine like the other (non hybrids) - they have no cover, why not ?

Do the hybrids have the same basic 2.5L DOHC Duratec I-4 engine like the other (non hybrids) - they have no cover, why not ?

No, the hybrid has about 20 less hp. due to it being an Atkinson cycle ICE. I'm not sure how much the construction actually differs. The cover may contribute to noise reduction as the intake manifold may produce more noise or it may just be cosmetic. Opinions anyone?

No, the hybrid has about 20 less hp. due to it being an Atkinson cycle ICE. I'm not sure how much the construction actually differs. The cover may contribute to noise reduction as the intake manifold may produce more noise or it may just be cosmetic. Opinions anyone?

I know one thing, if you have to replace it, the cost is about $80.

I know one thing, if you have to replace it, the cost is about $80.

I fixed mine with epoxy after I cracked it by closing the hood on the open oil stick flap which they have since deleted. I removed my flap.

Edited by lolder