ralteredstates

Center arm rest and seat memory

My left elbow is sending me love letters since I installed the padded arm rest on the center console. I got it from AutoSport (only place that has one) and it doesn't look that bad (my elbow doesn't care what it looks like). Their small size is perfect for the center armrest and is fairly well made. The fusion standard armrest is worthless. I considered having my custom interior guy build up the arm rest but this will do just fine. On another topic. I am tired of having to readjust everything (especially the seat) after someone else uses the car. It takes me a while to get it back where I wanted it (maybe I'm too picky). I can't believe that the 2010 didn't come with a memory seat. Anyone look into installing a memory (for seat only) switch?

Memory seats, I think, are pretty complicated and require a computer. GMs, I believe, count motor rotations and remember them. It's more than a switch unless it's already wired for that.

I wish they had seat memory and Homelink. Come to think of it I wish I knew they were going to create a 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid or I would have waited for that!