Sign in to follow this  
gregb

Any idea where the 2011 Hybrids are?...

Shamwow! Yes Virginia, 2011 FFHs do exist. Just found the first (and only) 2011 Hybrid in my area! Only problem is...it's at the one Dealership I will not buy from...and to pile on...it's the color we want, and pretty much all the options, including accessories I want. Dang!

If there is a good Ford dealer in your area have them get the 2011 from the other dealer for you (but you must have thought of that)

FYI potential buyers

The U.S. auto market experienced its weakest August sales since 1983. Overall sales dropped by 21 percent compared to last August, when the Cash for Clunkers programs gave an all-too-brief boost to car sales.

Gas-electric hybrids, which disproportionately benefited from Clunkers a year ago, took a harder fall in August, dropping by 38 percent compared to last year. In a rare bright spot, the Ford Fusion Hybrid—a vehicle that racked up numerous “Car of the Year” awards in 2010—saw big gains in sales in August. Ford sold 3,010 Fusion Hybrids—up from 1,226 a year ago and nearly double from last month’s sales. - snip -

link

Just took delivery of my 2011 FFH last Thursday, manufactured 8/16, Silver Ingot Metallic w/ Stone Leather Interior(502A). Runs great. Still haven't got through all the setups yet; Sync, Nav, etc. No DRL! Back to the dealer on that one.

The DRL are not activated in the USA unless you ask the dealer to do it. They will cost you a 0.1 mpg or so and are cumbersome to turn off. The lights go on with the wipers and you can always turn them on manually if you want them.

Most dealers here in the SF Bay Area say it'll be around another month before the MKZ Hybrid appears on local lots, but that it could be a little sooner. Good luck!

Unplugged...you get your MKZ Hybrid yet? I wish they would have had those when I was shopping for a new car.

Kirkster

I ordered my MKZ hybrid on August 9, and was told that there was a MKZ hybrid hold until August 30. (Today.) I called the dealer about changing my leather color because I finally found a "cashmere" color sample and the leather looked to be white. I asked the fleet guy who had ordered the car if the order could be changed. He looked it up and found out the car had been produced on 8-24. It is due to be delivered the week of September 13. I guess I'll be seeing how that "white" leather interior wears and looks. (I have not been able to find a single photo anywhere of what the cashmere interior looks like.)