RichDe

Engine cover?

On my new '10, just noticed that there are 4 brass screw holes on the top of the engine. Should this be equipped with an engine cover? Or was that an option?

The Fusion does not come equipped with an engine cover, nor was it an option. A few of us have engine covers, they are covers for the Lincoln MKZ that fit the Fusion engine (same engine). You can order a cover, or maybe find on on Ebay. I don't know the part number or the 2010's. Make sure you get the cover that is the same size as your engine.

I have an 08 Sport with a 3.0L.

Did the Milan's or Zephyr's have an engine cover?

If so, I'll start looking for one :-)

Danford1

My engine cover I bought online was for a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr. I just removed the LINCOLN lettering from it, same one will fit your 3.0. Here is the link, it came with the 4 screws to mount it on.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214290&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2453&groupid=11820&subgroupid=11821&componentid=0&make=21&model=Zephyr&year=2006&graphicID=KF06172&callout=1&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Here is a pic of mine.

100_0993.jpg

I'm curious as to why you just don't order them from Ford, either online or at you local Ford dealer parts counter?

I can't help you out with any pictures, my car has been covered since I last drove it on Christmas Eve. The snow just keep on coming!

Yes, the cover pulls right off. You want to pull close to where the bolts are, just feel where the most resistance is. If you pull far from the bolt, you could possibly bend and snap the cover. :banghead: It is held on by 4 bolts, kind of like a ball in socket joint.

Edited by fusionff