Milan_OH

High Beams Out

Well, after 17K trouble free miles on my MMH, a minor hiccup. Is there any controls scenario that would prevent the high beams from working? Odd coincidence that both lamps would blow together. I haven't investigated yet, blue high beam indicator works normally. Anybody else seen this?

Jack in Ohio

Check the OM - there should be a fuse or relay for the high beams in the box under the hood. If the fuses and relays check out ok it might be the SJB (smart junction box).

Could also be the switch but I've never heard of that switch failing.

Yes, good idea, I'll check it out after work and report back, otherwise first trip to the dealer......................

Yes, good idea, I'll check it out after work and report back, otherwise first trip to the dealer......................

Well upon further review, all fuses are OK, could still be a 'sticky' relay. I can get the brights if I flip the lever a few times. Sometimes they go off by themselves. High beam indicator never falters. Intermittent somewhere in the circuit. Off to the dealer...................

P.S. Could the fuse box under the dash be harder to get at? Come-on FMC!

Jack in Ohio