boo

Air Conditioner

After I picked up my FFH I took it to Tint King for professional windows tinting. I also added clear leading edge protection for good measure.

Anyway, I took dark rear windows and lighter (regulated by law) front side glass panels. Car looks better and definitely helps keep it cold during hot days. You should do it too. It is small price to pay for more comfort.

Edited by Zack

We have a different and rather unusual A/C problem with our 2010 FFH.

If the ambient temperature is only 3-5 degrees above the set temperature (e.g. the ambient temperature is 79 and the set temperature is 74) after driving a short distance (maybe a mile) the car starts putting out hot air (heated air) on the driver's side. If the set temperature is lowered a couple of degrees then we get cold air.

We've even had a situation where the driver side set temperature was 74 and the passenger side was 70 when the ambient temperature was 79 and we got cold air on the passenger side and hot air (warmed air, not ambient air) on the driver side.

The dealer has done A/C diagnostics and says everything is fine. I'm convinced we've got a temperature sensor problem and am asking to see if others have had this same problem and, if so, what was wrong and how they got it fixed.

I've noticed some idiosyncrasies like this. When driving from 95 degrees sunny weather into suddenly cooler 80 degree heavy rain, the AC output temperature becomes too much warmer too quickly. Turning the temp down a degree or two corrects this. I think this a design software flaw. They probably don't have a fix for it (yet?)

>> If the ambient temperature is only 3-5 degrees above the set temperature

>> after driving a short distance (maybe a mile) the car starts putting out hot air (heated air)

This is how mine works (working as designed but not ideal)

Edited by rfruth

I also cut on the passenger side of the AC, even when there is no passenger. I think it helps cool the interior down a little quicker. I also have gotten Window Tint on the (4) Side and the Back Window. It helps cut-down on the UV light, and keeps the car cooler. Maybe, try these tips! Good Luck

It is my understanding is if you don't turn on pass. side it is still on at the same temp as drivers side. Only reason to turn on pass. side is if you want a different temp then driver. I have turned mine on and set it for 70 while leaving mine on 72 which does seem to cool it a little more without the cold draft blowing out my side vents.