lolder

"Empower" dash mode gauge units.

Does anyone have any views on how much power is represented by each division on the "ACC" and "PWR" gauges in "Empower" dash mode. My guess is about 0.5 kw on the "ACC" gauge and 20 kw on the "PWR" gauge.

I was thinking more in terms of amps (no good reason, just a guess) no doubt you've noticed when the AC button is on (AC compressor engaged or not) the ACC gauge goes up a couple notches (to show assessories draw power ?)

I've seen a maximum five division AC load. If it's 0.5 kw/ div., that's 2.5 kw or about 3 hp. That's about right for an AC compressor.

Talking about juice drawn it beats me that Ford didn't do obvious, easy thing like LED lights? Many cars that are not even hybrids have that long time ago.

Cost? Back lights, position lights, turn signals ? Can't be that much.

Based on what you said above, would running the AC on high on a very hot day cause the the EV to cut out and have the ICE take over for long periods. That's what ours is doing (only second week of owning), with the right side gauge maxing out at 30L/100km (Canadian). Dealer said this would be normal under heavy AC use.

The heaviest AC load is on the HVB and will cause the ICE to run MORE until the car cools down. It doesn't cause EV to mode cut out. Look at the ACC gauge in "Empower" display mode. It may start out in a hot car at over 5 divisions. When it gets down to less than 3 divisions, EV mode has it a little easier.