JJay03

Winter rims and tires needed

Hi, I have the 2010 SE with the 18" wheels and im looking for a rim and tire package for the winter. Anyone on here run different rims and tires in the winter?? Do you have to install the tpms sensors also or not? Seems like it could get really expensive :(. Obviously I wont need them for a few months but I definitely dont want to drive it around in the snow with my 18's and ruin them plus im sure the traction would suck.

Hi JJay,

Unfortunately, when it comes to the TPMS sensors, you will have to install a set in your winter wheels, unless you want to see that idiot light on your dash all winter. Check out some of the other threads in this section. Some people have purchased a package through Tirerack.com with the sensors and have had no problems and saved some money. The advantage to the 2010 Fusion is that the TPMS sensors are valve stem mounted vs band type mounted. That is a big difference in cost.

Hope this helps.

Thats a bunch of crap having to pay an extra 200 and some dollars just for the sensors that I dont need. There should be a way to shut off the light. I wonder if you can with some good scanning software.

JJay,

I don't know if you're still looking at another set of tires, but check this out .....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fusion-Tpms-Tire-Air-Pressure-Sensors-2010-Valve-Stems-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eac4ab853QQitemZ200459073619QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories