Sign in to follow this  
fordfever

Interior lights when door open

I have a 2010 Hybrid 502A.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I cannot find the answer to this question. When the door is open, I do not want the interior lights to go on. I see no switch anywhere to turn this function off. Also, pushing the light button does not turn it off.

Also, noticed that the seat does not recline all the way to a lying position. I'm just comparing to my old 97 maxima where the seat would recline to almost a flat position. With the fusion it doesn't recline that far down.

Thanks

The recline is for safety reasons. During an impact, a recline greater than 45 degrees can allow the driver or passenger to slide off the seat to the back of the vehicle, even with a seat belt fastened. Hyundai recently lost a lawsuit because of this very issue where the driver slid off the seat and out the back window.

Edited by cchaos

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I cannot find the answer to this question. When the door is open, I do not want the interior lights to go on. I see no switch anywhere to turn this function off. Also, pushing the light button does not turn it off.

Also, noticed that the seat does not recline all the way to a lying position. I'm just comparing to my old 97 maxima where the seat would recline to almost a flat position. With the fusion it doesn't recline that far down.

Thanks

I asked this same question about the lights several months ago and got no answer. First car I've ever owned that didn't have an off option.

Thanks

See page 112, "Deactivating/activating perimeter lamps illuminated entry" in the 2010 FFH Owners Guide. This may accomplish your objective.

See page 112, "Deactivating/activating perimeter lamps illuminated entry" in the 2010 FFH Owners Guide. This may accomplish your objective.

My perimeter lights are deactivated and this doesn't keep the interior lights off. OM also says, in that same area, that locking the doors with the keyfob will turn off the lights, and it does, but only if the doors are closed when locked. If you find a way, let us all know. TIA