jfouche

Whooo Hoo!!! I received a VIN. ;)

I think you hit the nail on the head smr2112.

You won't believe it but something happened on the way to the Forum this morning. my car miraculously arrived for delivery. After all the BS yesterday and the lecturing and the pissey attitude from the Sales Manager and even after he explicitly said he would receive info once it arrived in port...........

Sullied....you mentioned that you didn't understand? I was talking about how many dealerships over the years have openly complained about how unfair the Name plate treats them regarding things. It usually involves money or rules.

As far as the whole Ford riding high thing.......With the way the dealerships are acting toward the base......my issues for example........that's a rather poor way to represent the name plate especially when things are going well for them. The customer service doesn't match the product in this case.

It dawned on me yesterday....... something that I once regarded an important thought process. It goes like this........

How well the customer is treated when things are going well is not how the service should be judged. Service should be judged on how the customer is treated when there are issues. To alienate is how I was treated by the majority of the process. I've already mentioned the two gentlemen that were focused on the issue and am grateful they were involved

On my way to finalize paper work. There are some very distinct differences in how this car and driven right from the get go. Granted I don't have many miles but I can feel and see the difference in things already. It's our's no matter what. Just hope things are on the right path now.

Later

For those that may have missed it..........They did deliver our new car today.

It is a nice vehicle and for the most part is great. I am not starting anything here because I know this to be an issue with the BLIS mirror sensor but.....the BLIS did malfunction at 38miles but then reset itself and didn't act up again at all. I gotta say I almost smacked a tree because I laughed so hard when it happened. We had a nasty storm roll through and thought for sure I would be struck by lightening or maybe the car.....hysterical2.gif Anyhow there was no melt down like the last time so we kept the car. Like I said it's ours now and I know there is a fix for what happened should it happen again. Service Manager fell out of his chair when I told him too. You could compare me to George Costanza and honestly....but that wouldn't be the first time. headspin.gif

To the credit of the Sales Manager....he did apologize several times when we finished the transfer of collateral paperwork tonight. That really goes a long way with things. In all honesty he is a fairly decent personality. We've sat and discussed several different topics on many occasions and have the same interests in racing and in the Earnhardts'.

As far as the access to a vehicle during transportation I can understand it would be hard to pinpoint an exact location. Transit is transit. But for the car to just appear seems to be hard to comprehend. I have a decent understanding of inventory controls and tracking but have never run across a system or industry where there can be such a communication blackout. Even my wife, who works in manufacturing, can't understand. When they make boxes, they are scanned into a system when they are loaded on every form of transport and they can actually pin-point where they are at any given tome until the customer receives them.

Oh well it is what it is and I hope those of you that are waiting for you vehicles and info about them find what you need or ask for. as well as take delivery on you vehicles soon.

Oh yeah.......the things I noticed different on the 4th build cycle versus my original were......

A microphone mounted in the headliner just above the drivers seat....

New floor mat mounting system for the driverside......it's two points not instead of one and it's not a hook but a clip. Unfortunately the floor-mat is still not cut correctly and is the wrong shade for the carpet.

A big, green "Car is ready to drive" in the information center just after starting.

The trunk strap is most excellent

Still no amber "Cruise on" light that the other Fusions have as some mentioned in another post.

Edited by oldschool1962

Oldschool - congratulations on your new car. You've been through quite an ordeal - glad to hear it's finally over and you've got the car you wanted!

I think you hit the nail on the head smr2112.

You won't believe it but something happened on the way to the Forum this morning. my car miraculously arrived for delivery. After all the BS yesterday and the lecturing and the pissey attitude from the Sales Manager and even after he explicitly said he would receive info once it arrived in port...........

Sullied....you mentioned that you didn't understand? I was talking about how many dealerships over the years have openly complained about how unfair the Name plate treats them regarding things. It usually involves money or rules.

As far as the whole Ford riding high thing.......With the way the dealerships are acting toward the base......my issues for example........that's a rather poor way to represent the name plate especially when things are going well for them. The customer service doesn't match the product in this case.

It dawned on me yesterday....... something that I once regarded an important thought process. It goes like this........

How well the customer is treated when things are going well is not how the service should be judged. Service should be judged on how the customer is treated when there are issues. To alienate is how I was treated by the majority of the process. I've already mentioned the two gentlemen that were focused on the issue and am grateful they were involved

On my way to finalize paper work. There are some very distinct differences in how this car and driven right from the get go. Granted I don't have many miles but I can feel and see the difference in things already. It's our's no matter what. Just hope things are on the right path now.

Later

Toyota was the same way with my daughter and son-in-law. They wanted a new Camry when the '07 model was released. They couldn't find one in Lexington, KY. But Andy Mohr Toyota opened a new dealership here in Indy and got a huge shipment of new Camry's. The sales manager treated them like crap and threatened to sell the car if they didn't send the money, etc. I went the the dealer to pick up the car. I decided it was time to play the "preacher" card and wore my clerical collar when I went to get it. I asked to see the manager who came to the showroom floor. I then began to tell him how dissatisfied I was with the way he treated my family. I was QUICKLY ushered off the showroom into his office where his demeaner with me was much different than with my son-in-law. When I went looking for a mid-sized sedan, I had Camry and Fusion on my list. (We've owned Honda's and Toyotas for 20 years). I went to Andy Mohr and asked about getting a 6 speed manual Camry LE. The sales associate didn't know. So we go to the manager's desk and the same guy is there. (I'm in "street" clothes" this time). He wasn't interested in ordering the car, said I'd have to put a deposit on the car, and then I had to commit to buy it or forfeit my deposit! That was the last time I've been to the dealership....and I now drive a Fusion SE with 6 speed manual....for about $1600 less than a comparably equipped Camry.

Sorry for the long story, but Ford dealers don't have a market on having dealers that are "jerks". My best luck was buying from a smaller family owned dealer where they live and die by their customer service.

Maybe you can find another dealer that cares about your business. If you get treated like this during the purchase process, what is service going to be like if you encounter a problem after the sale? It's worth a thought.