Sign in to follow this  
sullied

Order Placed!!!

Congrats!

I wish the "ice blue" exterior was available for non-hybrid models. I think that's a nice combo, light blue with charcoal interior.

I don't know how long it takes for everything you asked but I myself am going on 9 weeks now and I expect I may have my car late next week or the following week.

Charcoal Gray cloth interior is mostly black and shows every light colored piece of dirt.

Welcome! That sounds like it's gonna be a real beauty! Hope it comes in real soon!

ctrcbob,

If you're that unhappy with any vehicle you ordered, or made a deposit right on the lot for that matter, simply don't take delvery of it. if you don't take delivery it creates a legal quagmire for the dealer and he cannot simply "keep" you deposit. Once you officially take delivery, the vehicle is yours and all repairs etc are considered under the warranty policy. By not taking posession of the vehicle, the car remains the property of the manufacturer or the dealership and both will work hard to complete the transaction and make you happy. Not taking delivery is in fact the BEST thing you can decide to do, especially if the problems noted are more serious in nature. (If it's a quick fix, then turn that around and tell them you'll take delivery when its completed then.) Had I ordered a car and it came with less standard equipment then was advertised in their brochure, I too would consider that to be a serious breach of the deal and might walk away from the car too. The dealership would likely refund your deposit within 30 days (if not much much sooner) as the longer they held onto it would cause them all sorts of problems. No dealership wants an unhappy customer, nor do they want that unwanted vehicle on their lot or inventory either. As long as you refuse official delivery, trust me, YOU are definitely in the "driver's seat." If you do take delivery of a vehicle with flaws or needed fixes, make sure you get it in writing on the spot just what will be corrected, how and when too. Only then should you make the vehicle "yours."

Just out of curiosity, what "standard" items was your car missing when it came in? Are you sure you interpreted the sales brochure correctly?

sullied,

Please do post some photos once you get your new car. Did you get leather seats?

Edited by Rodeo

Wow...some really negative responses to my post. I've got total confidence that Ford will deliver the car with the options that I've ordered since they won't change the production job again before the 2011MY begins production. As for the defects on the car you ordered, I'm sure you could've gotten a new car ordered or your money back if they weren't able to fix the problem. No dealer that wants to stay in business would force a customer to buy a car that has defects...it would ruin them. All the customer would have to do is threaten to get the media involved and the problem would be solved.

Just to give you a bit of balance; I've spec. ordered cars twice from different mfgrs (not Ford) and they were delivered precisely as requested. Hopefully this will be your experience!

Nice choice of the Ice Blue!