Sign in to follow this  
sobayimage

Twilight Zone incident driving FFH

I had a ‘Twilight Zone’ incident while driving my FFH yesterday. I suddenly heard a woman’s voice though I was alone in the car, the radio was off, the Sirius subscription had expired months ago and I don‘t have On Star. I understood only part of what she said. I comprehended the words “report and push OK”. I fully expected to see Rod Serling appear in the rear view mirror but he wasn’t there. Has anyone had a similar experience while driving a FFH?

I wonder when we are going to hear the first report of a major car accident caused when a man driving alone suddenly hears a loud woman's voice talking to him and completely freaks out.

Anyway I hate it when the Sync system suddenly and rudely yells at me about generating a vehicle health report. A nice little beep beforehand would at least be a warning.

Jon

Vehicle Health Report (Sync)

Agree on that. It makes me startle more often than not. And as far as I know, it's a pointless inquiry. Ford should either set things up to automatically do the VHR or just get rid of it. Right now it's stupid and possibly dangerous.

Edited by Juris

I had a ‘Twilight Zone’ incident while driving my FFH yesterday. I suddenly heard a woman’s voice though I was alone in the car, the radio was off, the Sirius subscription had expired months ago and I don‘t have On Star. I understood only part of what she said. I comprehended the words “report and push OK”. I fully expected to see Rod Serling appear in the rear view mirror but he wasn’t there. Has anyone had a similar experience while driving a FFH?

I'm thinking that when Ford did the contract with Sync, they had an On Star capability in mind, for future applications.