Sign in to follow this  
TmD73

Sync Trouble at Highway Speeds - 2010 Fusion

Following up ....

They ordered a new microphone and will call me when it comes in. I do not know if it will be a new stand-alone mic like the one they have used on the Gen I models or if it will be a new mic for the mirror. We shall see.

Commishbob, glad to hear that you have not had any issues. Hopefully I am alone with this issue. Thanks for your input.

I'll post more when I know more.

You're woefully misinformed about the Gen 1 models... Sync came out in 2008, and wasn't in the 06 or 07 models. Also, the microphone on the Gen 1 models that have Sync is in the mirror. What stand-alone microphone are you talking about?

Oh yeah, BTW, I can have all my windows part way down with the sunroof open, at highway speeds, and switch albums using Sync just fine...I have an 09.

It was only in the mirror for early 2010 models - it was later moved to the headliner (job 3 maybe?).

It think they did that so they didn't have to replace the mirror when someone says their Sync isn't working right.