Snowball 2010

Damaged or chipped tail light on your2010 Fusion?

redcard.gifWell, if your tail light is chipped at the bottom near the trunk lid, like mine was and your still under warranty do like I did. Go to your dealer and get it replaced at the same time ask them to center your trunk lid. I was covered by my warranty after I stressed my point to them. Believe me when you close your trunk the lid moves sideways and catches the lens and chips it right at the bottom tip. If it happens after your warranty expires I would still argue the fact that it's a design flaw. I was following a lady with the same problem, I just could not get her attention to share my story. So, good luck everyone and be careful and gentle when you close your trunks. Ciao

you all.

beerchug.gif

Yep, both of mine were broken within 3 weeks of delivery. At first the dealer told me it was my fault! They finally replaced both lights after looking at things a bit closer. It wasn't the trunklid in my case. The lights were not installed correctly. Their position is adjustable, and they were never properly "adjusted" at the factory. Must have been siesta time.