Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern0115

Wheel Scuff

Back in November, I had the second accident in 2 months with my 2007 Fusion. I was rear-ended (clipped more like) and the right two wheels took some of the damage. The rear-right wheel was beyond repair and the front right was slightly scuffed, but perfectly usable. Now that the weather is warmer, I figured I should take car of the damaged wheel.

I was just wondering if anyone knew the color the wheels used on an '07 Fusion SE. I am planning on sanding the wheel down some and applying a little bit of filler to the chips in the spokes. I would just need to repaint the repair and then apply a clear coat to protect it.

Thank you so much and drive safely!

You can strip the wheel of the clear with a clearcoat stripper available at Autozone and O'Reilley auto parts so you could repaint the wheel. Then you can purchase a clear coat designed for wheels to reclear the wheels when you're done with the paint.

I personally would not use any filler of any type on the wheel as the bond could break from the centrifugal force of the wheel spinning, sending fragments of filler everywhere possibly damaging the car and anyone and anything around it when it breaks loose. Plus, the wheel would be out of balance after the filler broke loose. The best way to fix the chips in the spokes is to have the chips filled up with TIG welding and then grind and file the surface smooth. If you don't want to go that route, using files to smooth the edge of the chips out would be an option, depending upon how deep the chips were.

Hope this helps.

Edited by deo1929