Sign in to follow this  
spacenomyous

FFH 1, Civic 0

I wonder whether the driver of the Civic shown in the picture is still sitting in the exact same position she was prior to the accident -- and whether prior to the accident, just as shown in the picture, she was glued to her telephone and forgot to stop her car.

Edited by Juris

I had a similar situation where someone rear ended my FFH. My vehicle had minor damage -- some scratches on the bumper and the bumper was slightly popped off one side (as it's designed to take the impact). But not a spec of damage to the sheet metal or frame.

On the other hand, the Nissan Maxima that hit me had a severely bent front hood, mangled headlights, a turn light dangling from it's cord, as well as a badly bent front bumper. It was amazing how much more damaged the Nissan was. Needless to say, I feel really safe in my Fusion after that experience.

Usually the front bumper of the rear car nosedives under the bumper of the forward car. This causes the bumper of the car in front to push into the soft engine guts of the rear car causing more damage to the rear car. I think this is only fair considering that in general the rear car carries most of the fault :>

Jon

I had a similar situation where someone rear ended my FFH. My vehicle had minor damage -- some scratches on the bumper and the bumper was slightly popped off one side (as it's designed to take the impact). But not a spec of damage to the sheet metal or frame.

On the other hand, the Nissan Maxima that hit me had a severely bent front hood, mangled headlights, a turn light dangling from it's cord, as well as a badly bent front bumper. It was amazing how much more damaged the Nissan was. Needless to say, I feel really safe in my Fusion after that experience.

You can disable the rear sensors through the dash, that may help until they are repaired.