Sign in to follow this  
brunor

backing up camera

I have the Sport that has the camera in the mirror. I find it useful when backing up to a wall or backing into a parking space, otherwise I don't use it. Then again, I back up using the side mirrors so the spoiler is a non issue, in fact I seldom use the middle mirror.

(My opinion only) The electronics on these cars will not last nearly as long as your 1991 Plymouth Sundance did. You're lucky if it outlives the warranty. That stuff is bound to crap out in a few years at best. BUT that being said, only YOU can determine how much the option could be used and valued. Like the poster above, I use both side mirrors whenever backing and I didn't order the "electronics package" on my new car.

Just wait till you look into buying updated maps for your built in NAV... (cough) LOL

Edited by Rodeo

My ma has one on her MKZ. It's pretty cool. I find I still use the mirrors but I haven't driven it enough to get used to it yet.