Sign in to follow this  
crawl49

Buying FFH used

The car is essentially "loaded" as the base model. There are two packages, the first with moon roof, entertainment upgrade and rear view camera and sensors (very desirable), and the next one up with a big navigation system and leather. These can add over $4k. bringing retail to over $32K. The advantage of a hybrid diminishes with cold weather and high speed driving. It's a nice car in any case. There were very few discounts and they weren't much. Cash for clunkers and the tax credit (only for new buyers) were about the only discounts. Your commute will let the car perform normally. Short, very hot or very cold trips are the worst because of AC use and heating requirements for both passengers and engine. The EPA mileage figures are real. My long term mpg in S. Florida is 39.9 mpg. Up north it's sometimes a lot less (33).

Edited by lolder

It seems like a very fair price. You could never buy it used (a lease repossession etc) for that price. I think it would be 26K to buy it used from a dealer. I would get an early oil change because the car has been sitting. I would also check to make sure the battery is still charged (not the 12 volt but the EV battery). Sounds like a find to me.

It's very important that the car hasn't been sitting for more than a month or so without being run. The high voltage battery can be damaged if it discharges completely over time. You might want a dealer to check it out if you are unfamiliar with the FFH. (Many dealers aren't familiar either!).