lolder

NHTSA Brake Complaint

Here's a link to the NHTSA complaint about the brake software problem. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/complaintsummary.cfm?odi_id=10305554&prod_id=664803&cmpt_id=200&type=1

You'll see near the end that the Ford Factory showed the Dealer another place to look for the trouble code.

Edited by lolder

Nice job, is there a trouble code # ?

I don't know it. I just found this report. It's not my report.

If Ford had said in the FFH owners guide and in the press releases and recall letter that the pedal needed to be pressed (much) FARTHER DOWN for braking when this event occurs, I would have no problem. They did not and statements like "different brake response" and "continuing to press on the brake" have not prepared drivers for the startling event. All of the few that have experienced this have described it as "loss of brakes" including the consumer magazine test driver and have used the emergency brake or coasted to a stop. It is in fact, as Ford claims, impossible to lose all the brakes due to the clever design of the system. A simple sentence including " (much) FARTHER DOWN " would have made this a non-issue. I wouldn't even quibble whether or not they used "much". Even an updated computerized brake system may be subject to failure since it is made by humans although the incident rate may diminish to almost nothing. The manual backup system will always remain available with MUCH FARTHER PEDAL TRAVEL.

Lee

Edited by lolder

I don't know about you, but if I was trying to brake the vehicle and it wasn't stopping I'd have the pedal pushed all the way to the floor in about a nanosecond.

That was my same thought.