Sign in to follow this  
fordfever

Playlist for USB Device

I've been looking over the manual and playing with the NAV system, but I can't seem to find a way to create playlists for a USB device. I see it only available for the Jukebox. Does anyone know if it is possible to create a playlist for USB devices?

I've been looking over the manual and playing with the NAV system, but I can't seem to find a way to create playlists for a USB device. I see it only available for the Jukebox. Does anyone know if it is possible to create a playlist for USB devices?

I don't think you'll find it on the sound system, it would likely be done by the software that adds and removes the tracks from your USB device. I plug in my iPod every day and use iTunes to create playlists and add/remove tracks.

I don't know if you can create the playlist on the fly, but SYNC can understand playlists already on the USB device. From the SYNC manual:

Accessing your playlists

SYNC supports many playlists formats, such as: .ASX, .M3U, .WPL and .MTP. To access:

1. Press the MEDIA hard button on the navigation system.

2. Select the ‘User Device’ tab on the touchscreen.

3. Press ‘Source’ repeatedly until USB appears.

4. Select ‘Music Library’.

I noticed this also, but these playlists point to the directory and filename on the computer. I am not sure how this would work with sync. I will try to play around with it and post my findings.

Creaated a playlist in Windows Media Player, *.wpl, and to my surpirse it was identified by sync and played fine. You're also able to use sync commands to play it. I guess it uses the filename and matches it with what's on your thumb drive.