GreenGene

Had my hybrid rims chromed

I finally found someone to chrome my hybrid rims and what a difference! They look waaaay better in chrome and it matches the rest of the chrome on the car. If you're in So. Cal. and want your rims chromed, call Fabian at Paramount Wheels 714-713-0756. His shop is in Santa Ana. He came to my house in Palm Springs (about 2 hours away), put the car on jacks, removed the wheels and took them to his shop. One week later, he brought them back chromed and balanced, and installed them on the car. All for $165 per wheel. For the convenience of pick up and delivery I think this is a great price. The only negative is not being able to use the car for a week but it was worth the wait. I'll post pics as soon as possible.

I'm eager to see pics. I bet that looks good with a black FFH. All that service including house call, removing and replacing the tires, balance, etc was probably worth several hundred alone. Did he have to strip the existing paint first? I assume the wheels as they come from Ford are painted cast aluminum. That was a great idea, something that makes the car unique but won't subtract from the resale value.

Those definately look great on a Dark color. I'm really surprised that Ford only gives the one option with wheels, and also the No Spoiler on a hybrid.

I'm wondering whether a spoiler would create any additional drag on the vehicle. If so, it could potentially hurt fuel economy. I personally don't care for spoilers as they are generally non functional in most vehicles. Those chrome rims really do look sharp though! However, I wonder how well the chrome plating will hold up for those of us who constantly expose our vehicles to extreme conditions and tons of road salt.

Those look great! First mod I did was add a spoiler. I saw the look of it on the Sport and fell in love. The change in MPG's is minimal, as it's more for looks then functionality. Next is to get my splash guards put on that just showed up this week. No more sticking snow for me!