coupe68gt390

2010 Fusion Sport FM sound quality fluctuation w/12 speaker system

We have a 2010 FFH with the 502A package and just had the radio replaced. The reason wasn't because of what you mention but I can say that I did notice that after a while. Just thought it was from how they transmit and possible atmospheric influences. Our issue was that I loaded about 300 CD's worth of songs into the Media Jukebox feature and about 3 weeks ago the songs would skip or pause (for a second) when going over bumps. It was never in the same spot but would happen to all the songs. The size of the bump or pothole didn't matter nor did it do it consistantly. Some bumps you would have thought it would go crazy and it didn't while others were nothing more than the lane reflectors and it went nutz.

As I said they did replace the radio unfortunately the wrong one was sent. Mine has the altitude listed on the Info screen and the new radio doesn't. From what I gathered it's a difference in the production dates as the newer dates have the Altitude.

The one thing I did notice too was that the radio will skip out now in FM as well as Sat.

I haven't rre downloaded any of my cd's because the radio has to be replaced again.

I remember that the tech and writers asked if the radio skipped duing FM or Sat as well. I have to ask why would this matter? I haven't had a radio that skipped like this since...........actually I don't remember when It may have been that radio in the '66 Mustang but that was an old analog with the mechanical preset buttons that had to be pulled out, turned and pressed back in to set your 6 stations. :confused:

I figured with the Sony and Sync systems and their respective cost.......shouldn't all the music be clear and precise without issues in this car? :doh:

I haven't noticed that yet, but then again I haven't driven my car much at all since bringing it home less then a week ago. I can say though without a doubt that the 12 speaker Sony 390 watt system is a true disappointment. Nothing special about the sound, nor power either. I think my Ford Escape has a better system (audiophile) with better bass for sure. I sure hope I don't find there are other problems too....

Let us know if you hear it as well. I'm just about 100% sure you will..

Are you guys sure it's not the "Automatic Volume Control" that kicking in and messing with your heads? Try lowering the AVC (or whatever it's called by Ford) and see what happens. Heck, I even have that on my Harley and it works like a charm while riding.

Just did a 1000 mile business trip and didn't notice any fluctuations. I listened to Sirius most of the time and occasionally to my ipod via the USB connection and sync. Something like the fluctuation you described would drive me nuts, especially in a new car and really especially in a new car I paid good money to upgrade the stereo in, (which is definitely over-hyped as far as overall quality and power too.) I think they're doing away with the Sony system for 2011 according to the 2011 order guide.

Edited by Rodeo

I have a 2010 FFH with Sony 12 speaker audio....This has to be one of the greatest disappointments in the vehicle. The sound is under powered, seems like it has a midrange audio only. When the auto sound control is set to on the sound quality sounds better when your up to speed, greater frequency and fuller sound still not great but when you idle or slow you go back into a can. If you turn it off your back to sounding like your in a can. I have the nav unit as well but my plan is to go to a high quality auto sound shop and rip the whole mess out and somehow still use the nav head unit if possible. Anyway if anyone knows about something officially wrong with this 12 speaker sony, like Ford is replacing, it would be helpful otherwise that thing has to go.