Grey

2011 Hybrid Tax Credit

I wonder if Ford will notify dealers of this very small window of opportunity. If they set the same procedures in place that they had for the 2010's, you would want to obtain a copy of the dated purchase order for your tax records (to show you purchased before 3/31.)

It may take until August to get one, (they don't start building the 2011's until July) but the $850 is better than nothing. Sometime in June they would begin scheduling the first runs and possibly need to do the verification process before scheduling your unit, like last year (it ain't an order with Ford until it's verified!)

I don't believe it matters when the vehicle was purchased but rather when the vehicle was placed into service (when he takes delivery).

Rob

I don't believe it matters when the vehicle was purchased but rather when the vehicle was placed into service (when he takes delivery).

Rob

I see another debate on tax law coming.

I see another debate on tax law coming.

LOL, you may be right.

"For example, if consumer A purchases a Prius on Sept. 30, 2006, and takes possession in February 2007, consumer A can claim the full credit for 2007, the year in which the vehicle is placed in service. On the other hand, if consumer B purchases a Prius on Oct. 1, 2006, and takes possession of the vehicle in February 2007, Consumer B can claim 50% of the credit in 2007, the year in which the vehicle is placed in service."

Thanks Grey.

Rob