Sign in to follow this  
macgyver

Better interior?

I love the Ford interiors. Beat the heck out of GM and Chrysler. I did do this though.

interior002.jpg

Chromed A/C slats. (Sorry the picture sucks, it really looks better than this)

Edited by Desert Fusion

I have the stock ebony panels. I like them. I did look at dash kits but, I'll stay with what I have. I would stay away from those stick on dash kits. I was thinking about swapping out some of my camel pieces for black. Like maybe the window button panels or maybe the console storage cover or other peices to get a real two tone look. I have ordered a black high mounted tail light fixture because from the back outside, the camel looks weird where the tint is cut out for the brake light and I think it will look okay on the inside since the dash is black.

sel3003-1.jpg

Edited by Desert Fusion

Catskinz sells real leather seats in glove leather that are 2 or 3 tone...Just a thought.

Mercury is to Ford, what GMC is to Chevy Trucks. Mechanically, it's a Fusion wrapped in different skin.

I had a Camry, the interior was cheap and the radio cluster was blinding in fog. I much prefer the Ford over the others, but then again I like the black interior of the Sport, different seats all around.

I don't hold that true too much. I did have a dealer come back( a little too late, I already had the Sport) with a quote on a Fusion Hybrid with leather, but without the rest of the goodies, and kept it right at $29K. According to them they can order a car built without packages. They took the base unit and just added leather to it. Now I don't know if it was Ford Leather, if may have been catskinz installed aftermarket. There is an option for you. If you like the base model, and want leather, you can have aftermarket leather installed. You can get better quality covers that way too. They can even install seat heater/coolers in them. I had considered doing this to the Camry, but decided the car was just not worth putting any extra into it.

Here is an option for leather. Katskinz You can customer make interiors from them and have an installer put them in your car. I had considered it for the Camry until the 0% came out on the Ford. They have all the pieces needed to trim out the car the same as if it came from the factory, only with higher quality leather, including the door panels.

Here is an option for leather. Katskinz You can customer make interiors from them and have an installer put them in your car. I had considered it for the Camry until the 0% came out on the Ford. They have all the pieces needed to trim out the car the same as if it came from the factory, only with higher quality leather, including the door panels.

I just got a quote from the local installer that contacted me after I registered on Katzkin's website. There are so many options, colour, piping, stitching, inserts, heated... The price started at $2200.00 installed, and it was mentioned that the top end would be $2800.00. I have installed heated seats a number of times and am comfortable with the installation of a vehicle's upholstery - so I will wait for the leather to be available for me to install. Yes, it is labour intensive and requires a few tools to reduce the stress level, something I am willing to do.

The leather looks nice, but not too crazy about the color they chose, kind of clashes with the rest of the interior. Would look much better against solid black for sure.

I agree the color isn't the best combination. Unfortunately if you want a light color leather interior you have limited options since the Hybrid is only available with two interior color options and both of them have black panels.

I always liked the light gray, or prairie tan interiors in the Fords, they are pretty much color neutral as they look good no matter what color they are up against. I just fixed and repainted a 1995 Grand Marquis in Dark Amethyst, since the interior was light gray, it blended quite well.

Check her out here.