Sign in to follow this  
Strs90

Door Lock/Unlock Electric Motor Died

The small electric motor that locks and unlocks my front passenger door died and I am trying to find another one or even the part number for the whole assembly. The numbers on the small electric motor are FC-280ST-16240 and BN646714. I have googled the numbers and researched around a little bit but haven't found anything. Maybe someone knows where I can find one of these.

I have a 2007 Fusion BTW.

Thanks,

Dude - just walk into the parts dept and describe the part and they'll look it up for you on the spot. That's why they call it the Parts Dept............

Thanks for the reply Dude. I actually already went to the parts department and they could only sell me the entire lock assembly which is insanely expensive. When I heard the price I forgot to ask for the part number. And I just wanted the small 12v motor because everything else was fine.

Anyway, I found a similar motor at a hobby store today that was close enough. I had to route some short wires to connect it as the original motor had prongs that connected into the side of it. And thankfully I had a gear puller from a nitro car I have.

So far it works as good as new and only cost me $10.