Sign in to follow this  
CmelChappy

Which is best?

I've driven all the new Ford four doors and the Fustion Sport and have reached a final decision. The best call around car bar none is the Fusion Hybrid. The Fusion Hybrid isn't best at everything it does, but is better at most of what it does. None of the other Fords and competitors do so many things, so good. The Taurus rides a little softer, but not that much and can't come close to the Hybrid for quick handling, especially in town driving. The gas mileage doesn't come close and it can't keep up with my hybrid in town. The acceleration below fifty or so isn't all that great. The SHO model burns a lot of gas, rides no better than a hybrid and sure doesn't handle as good around town and the insurance costs are something else. The Lincoln MKZ is just an upgraded Fusion, a gas burner, not anywhere near as good handling as the hybrid and not that great a performer. The Big Lincoln is a barge that couldn't get twenty miles per gallon except downhill, and isn't in the same league as the hybrid, whether in town or on the road. My hybrid will cruise silently at any reasonable speed and gives me great confidence in the corners plus I can push it pretty hard and still get mileage in the upper thirties. Finally, the Taurus and the Lincoln's are so high in back that I can't see over them and to me, look ungainly. Parked along side my ice blue hybrid, they look like barges. OK, so I'm biased, but I really love my hard riding Fusion Hybrid, particularly knowing that I can soften the ride a little by going to sixteen inch wheels. Note: what will they ride like with nineteen and twenty inch " rubber band tires? I did notice that the 2010 Taurus has a higher sidewall eighteen inch tire, higher than the hybrid, a concession to comfort.

My Wife and I agree. We both look forward to driving our FFH on short and long trips, because we know we are ahead of the curve on mileage, and with the moratorium on USA drilling firmly in place now, the price of gasoline is just going to keep going up. The handling, ride, and low noise of the car make it a pleasure to drive.

I've driven all the new Ford four doors and the Fustion Sport and have reached a final decision. The best call around car bar none is the Fusion Hybrid. The Fusion Hybrid isn't best at everything it does, but is better at most of what it does.