Sign in to follow this  
jmel_2007

Setting Navigation "HOME"

I recently move and can't figure out how to delete previous "Home" and set a new one. Can anybody tell me how to do this? Thanks.

I recently move and can't figure out how to delete previous "Home" and set a new one. Can anybody tell me how to do this? Thanks.

I , too, would like to know how to reset HOME to a new HOME! :headspin:

I'm glad I "Got a Garmin"...just delete the old one, and make a new one...

I'm glad mine is built in and ALWAYS there to use without having to worry about someone stealing it or having to take it down and put it back up each time I enter the car.

I'm glad mine is built in and ALWAYS there to use without having to worry about someone stealing it or having to take it down and put it back up each time I enter the car.

I have both...My truck has the factory nav, (2008 F150, so it's relevant) and it's a pita to update where my Garmin updates whenever I want to plug it into my laptop, or I can go to Best Buy and purchase the updated map every year, instead of having to order it through the dealership, or their website and hope they send me the right one. (The sent me the wrong one last year, and it locked the system up good, so watch it when you buy one...) It uses a friction mount, so it doesn't fall off my windshield, and it's hardwired so it starts when the car starts, and goes off when the car is turned off. To add a place or remove a place, or change the "home" setting is like 3 buttons on the Garmin...I looked on my factory nav to try and answer the OP's question, but stopped after 15 minutes as I had other things to do. My Garmin hasn't been stolen, but some idiot tried to pry the factory one out of my truck when it was down in Denver. The cost of the window, and replacement of the damaged unit and fascia was a little over 4k. My Garmin would have been 300.00, plus the cost of the window. I don't take mine out, or take it down either.

To each his own...I'll never buy a factory nav again. Been there, done that. I see nobody here has been able to answer the question though...Not very user friendly, or intuitive.

Edited by FtLewis2002

To delete the current Home, press the DEST button & then select:

Standard

Address Book

Home

Delete

I don't recall exactly how to create a Home point, you either get that option when you create a new waypoint or else you have to go into the address book after creating the point & designate it as being Home.