Sign in to follow this  
DaveM

Hybrid Graphics

I would like to spice up our FFH some with some graphics that shows off the Hybrid. Maybe something like they did with the old Boss 302 Mustangs but have the stripes accent the Hybrid insigna on the doors or something length wise on the hood saying Hybrid in big letters with some stripes around it. Has anyone here done any graphics, or striping to their Hybrid?

I kind of like how our hybrids are literally in stealth mode, but whatever makes you happy!

Personally, I wouldn't want to advertise that i'm driving a hybrid. I've finally been the victim of a hybrid rage incident against me, and I doubt advertising my hybrid would be a good idea in my neighborhood as I live in a really bad part of town in the ghetto. The 275 volts sounds like a good idea for a custom license plate!

For those of you guys who have done some custom graphics, lets see some pics as i'd love to see what you guys are doing.

I'm considering a big number 99 (NASCAR Carl Edwards) 99 link on each door ...

Edited by rfruth

I thought some lighting bolts and "DANGER 275 Volts" might be enough to make the point.

I love it! Thanks for the chuckle. I'd do it by my Wife would kill me... :finger:

I kind of like how our hybrids are literally in stealth mode, but whatever makes you happy!

Personally, I wouldn't want to advertise that i'm driving a hybrid. I've finally been the victim of a hybrid rage incident against me, and I doubt advertising my hybrid would be a good idea in my neighborhood as I live in a really bad part of town in the ghetto. The 275 volts sounds like a good idea for a custom license plate!

For those of you guys who have done some custom graphics, lets see some pics as i'd love to see what you guys are doing.

The reason I chose our MMH was that it didn’t look or feel like a Hybrid. When I pull up beside a Prius I find it difficult to keep from sticking my tongue out and saying Na--Na Na—Na—Na –I’m driving a real car.

I think hybrid-related graphics would be cool, but one might rue the day if/when fuel spikes to $4.00 or higher.

In my area, we often see the manufacturer's test cars driving around - and I have seen some with hybrid graphics - usually large letters on the side saying hybrid or electric vehicle. I've also seen the commercial vehicles with natural gas graphics. All appear to be custom jobs. You might search the internet to see what they are putting on some of the natural gas busses and commercial vehicles.

I also lean towards 'flying under the radar' with my hybrid - and who knows, in two years our hybrids might be obsolete.

I think hybrid-related graphics would be cool, but one might rue the day if/when fuel spikes to $4.00 or higher.

It will happen as I will almost personally garentee it. It only depends on whether the world recovers from this recession or not. Last summer, we saw what can happen as supply of oil is extremely inelastic and can be assumed to be fixed in the short to medium term time frame. Even small increases in demand therefore caused HUGE increases in prices since oil drilling projects are long term endevours, and our refineries at the time were already running at maximum capacity.

In my area, we often see the manufacturer's test cars driving around - and I have seen some with hybrid graphics - usually large letters on the side saying hybrid or electric vehicle. I've also seen the commercial vehicles with natural gas graphics. All appear to be custom jobs. You might search the internet to see what they are putting on some of the natural gas busses and commercial vehicles.

I also lean towards 'flying under the radar' with my hybrid - and who knows, in two years our hybrids might be obsolete.

I think our hybrids are going to be around for a long time to come. I am not convinced that these so called holy grail plug in extended range hybrids are going to be practical. I am also not convinced that Lithium Ion batteries will be as reliable in the long term as our proven NM-H batteries unless some drastic changes in Li-ion technology has been made. I know that they have just gotten around to dealing with the flammable nature of them so that they won't explode in an accident.

I know that GM claims you can drive upto 40miles without the ICE coming on, but I wonder about what the actual range will be once you start using headlights, a/c, heaters, and other high power draw accessories. I also wonder what the real driving range will be when driven in a real winter in Michigan or in Cincinnati where all the roads are NOT flat.