Sign in to follow this  
kristenh1013

Can Sirius in Car be listen to inside my House?

I just bought a 2010 Ford Fusion with Sirius installed. Can I go buy a receiver and listen to Sirius in my house or is it just to listen to in the car? I am new to this satellite radio thing and I have searched for an answer to this question. If it involves paying more, getting a expensive radio, or getting another subscription, then I might forget it. I don't spend a lot of time in my car.... Although, I wish I could use my sister's Delphi MyFi XM2GO Portable XM Satellite Radio Receiver... LOL

I just bought a 2010 Ford Fusion with Sirius installed. Can I go buy a receiver and listen to Sirius in my house or is it just to listen to in the car? I am new to this satellite radio thing and I have searched for an answer to this question. If it involves paying more, getting a expensive radio, or getting another subscription, then I might forget it. I don't spend a lot of time in my car.... Although, I wish I could use my sister's Delphi MyFi XM2GO Portable XM Satellite Radio Receiver... LOL

Haven't checked out my Sirius but other car has XM (same Company) and included in my subscription it allows me to listen to XM on my computer for free. Check out Sirius and see if they have the samething.

I thought that Serius and XM are now one and the same aren't they?

I thought that Serius and XM are now one and the same aren't they?

Same Company but at this time still run as two companies. Kind of like Ford and Lincoln, two different cars but same company.

i did just a small bit of research, and it seems sirius makes you sign up for an internet account in order to listen on a computer. not sure if you you can get another radio and listen for free.

/john

I signed up for the lifetime Sirius subscription and it comes with the internet account. I can use my iPhone to sign in with the help of Pocket Tunes app to listen to Sirius at work and I'm looking into picking up the Logitech Squeezebox Duet system for at home that ties into the internet wired or wirelessly and then RCA audio cables into your home stereo. The Duet system is pricey, but looks pretty freakin' sweet since you can add on more boxes (one upstairs/ one downstairs) and be controlled by one remote since the remote works wirelessly via 802.11b/g/n.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/devices/3817&cl=us

Edited by meckman

XM used to include online listening, then changed it to a fee based subscription. They make portable receivers that can be hooked up to a stereo, but is an additional radio fee. I think it is something like $6 a month for an additional radio.

I am hoping they merge billing soon so I can have both my XM and Sirius on the same account. I have 2 XM already and the Sirius in the Ford will be coming due soon after the 6 month trial ends.