rickmktg

Histogram partially resets

2010 Fusion Hybrid. Have had one master reset that others describe where things went to zero. However, have had the old, gray bars on the histogram disappear, leaving just the new bars and blank space. Happened several times, then got more frequent, now hasn't done it in weeks. Most times bars went away, one time they set to zero...post-4939-125960936653_thumb.jpg

post-4939-125960937485_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickmktg

With my usual disclaimer that this comment is speculation of no claimed merit, It might be that one of your engine compartment 12 volt battery leads is loose. I think that the engine computer module gets its power from that one battery, and if it somehow got disconnected, it might reset everything. I don't think this is a common problem, so you might think about seeing the dealer if it's not that simple, especially while you have the evidence of the zero bars, and you are on full warranty.

With my usual disclaimer that this comment is speculation of no claimed merit, It might be that one of your engine compartment 12 volt battery leads is loose. I think that the engine computer module gets its power from that one battery, and if it somehow got disconnected, it might reset everything. I don't think this is a common problem, so you might think about seeing the dealer if it's not that simple, especially while you have the evidence of the zero bars, and you are on full warranty.

Thanks for the reply. The dealer actually had it last week to take readings off the system for the Ford engineers, so I assume they would have checked that. Ford engineers previously had no idea.