rfruth

ICE temp

I didn't want to say this yet and lets not spread it around cause this isn't over but ya'll may somehow benefit so here goes -

On Tuesday (Nov 17 th) went by Ford dealer to find out why my FFH runs hot (never overheats but temperature gauge is closer to H then C) (phoned on Monday the 16 th to make appointment but was told to just stop by) I stuck around a few hours on Tuesday and nothing happened with my car, about 2:00 the service advisor (name) told me myes well go home - anyway talked to him the next day & he said they had duplicated the problem but they have no idea what was causing it - later that day they replaced the thermostat and water pump (had the parts overnighted) but no luck so Thurs afternoon was told factory rep on the way, Friday afternoon now no rep on the way just e-mails back & forth to dealer, Monday the 23rd went by (name gone ((quit)) new advisor now = name1) anyway talked to name2 (service mgr.) and name3 (General mgr / owner) head gasket to be replaced (a known problem with 2010 FFHs FoMoCo told them) and new cylinder head if need be (IMO no one knows whats wrong, they are just throwing parts at it hoping something does the trick) more to come ...

Edited by rfruth

I didn't want to say this yet and lets not spread it around cause this isn't over but ya'll may somehow benefit so here goes -

On Tuesday (Nov 17 th) went by Ford dealer to find out why my FFH runs hot (never overheats but temperature gauge is closer to H then C) (phoned on Monday the 16 th to make appointment but was told to just stop by) I stuck around a few hours on Tuesday and nothing happened with my car, about 2:00 the service advisor (name) told me myes well go home - anyway talked to him the next day & he said they had duplicated the problem but they have no idea what was causing it - later that day they replaced the thermostat and water pump (had the parts overnighted) but no luck so Thurs afternoon was told factory rep on the way, Friday afternoon now no rep on the way just e-mails back & forth to dealer, Monday the 23rd went by (name gone ((quit)) new advisor now = name1) anyway talked to name2 (service mgr.) and name3 (General mgr / owner) head gasket to be replaced (a known problem with 2010 FFHs FoMoCo told them) and new cylinder head if need be (IMO no one knows whats wrong, they are just throwing parts at it hoping something does the trick) more to come ...

Geez, did they even put a quality temp gauge on the car to see if the display temp is even reading right?

I don't think the dealers ever tell the customers the whole story. My dealer has gotten used to me walking right over to the guy working on the car and talking to him. Once he realizes I'm not going to get in his way he usually spills all the beans. I have found that the service managers skip the details and makes the mechanics sound like idiots. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Jon

Geez, did they even put a quality temp gauge on the car to see if the display temp is even reading right?

now for the rest of the story (as Paul Harvey would have said) after several new parts the head gasket was replaced (leak @ # 3 cylinder, "slimey substance" found in # 3) so r&r gasket pressure test ok so reassemble & road test still problem now slime found in radiator so remove flush reinstall now all okay - I've been back on the hybrid road a couple days now and so far so good !