Sign in to follow this  
Bob B.

2010 SEL Fusion fog lamps have no cover lens??

I am very surprised (shocked) that the Fusion doesn't have fog lamp cover lenses.

What is your experience with all kinds of stuff collecting in this area? I am thinking mostly of bugs. But dirt, leaves, snow and whatever can pack into this area.

Regards from Edmonton.

I am very surprised (shocked) that the Fusion doesn't have fog lamp cover lenses.

What is your experience with all kinds of stuff collecting in this area? I am thinking mostly of bugs. But dirt, leaves, snow and whatever can pack into this area.

Regards from Edmonton.

That bothered me at first, I assume they did it to get maximum effectiveness from the fog lights. I just figured out how to turn them on yesterday, had to read the manual. You pull out the headlight switch. The fog lights are bright but only go a few feet ahead of the car. The fog lights on my '00 Explorer covered a much larger area. We don't get much snow in this part of Tennessee, but I bet you get alot up there.

Bugs haven't been a problem in that area, I haven't had to use anything more than a hose and a towel to keep the area clean so far. I agree a cover would look better, maybe someone will offer one as an aftermarket product. On another Ford Fusion Hybrid forum there was a discussion going on how to reset the fog lights for greater forward coverage.

That bothered me at first, I assume they did it to get maximum effectiveness from the fog lights. I just figured out how to turn them on yesterday, had to read the manual. You pull out the headlight switch. The fog lights are bright but only go a few feet ahead of the car. The fog lights on my '00 Explorer covered a much larger area. We don't get much snow in this part of Tennessee, but I bet you get alot up there.

Bugs haven't been a problem in that area, I haven't had to use anything more than a hose and a towel to keep the area clean so far. I agree a cover would look better, maybe someone will offer one as an aftermarket product. On another Ford Fusion Hybrid forum there was a discussion going on how to reset the fog lights for greater forward coverage.

Thanks for your response. We do get a fair amount of snow here but not as much as in Calgary. I didn't think that you folks would ever see snow.

Sorry to belabor the point regarding fog lamps not having a cover lense, but... If you get down on your hands and knees and with flashlight in hand, look throught the plastic (like expanded metal) beside the bulb and socket, you can see how the housing is like a funnel. This "funnel" has an opening at the back end. Wondering if this is to allow air into some area of the engine.

If this housing funnel fills with wet snow, it will freeze in place. I guess that's not a big deal as long as the socket doesn't mind. The socket is exposed to rain. When bugs pack into that area and become baked, they will be hard to remove.

Yes a cover lense would be great.

The clear part you see on the outside is a lens. The bulb and socket is inside a weathertight housing behind that. You have to remove the inner wheel well liner at the front edge(s) to get to those bulb(s), and everything is sealed just like the headligts are. I've had it apart to put in yellow (fog) bulbs ...that's how I know this.

The amount of bugs collected near/around the fog lights is exactly the same amount that collects anywhere else on the front end. If you wash it when it starts to look like crap (or sooner), you are not going to have any problems.