skunknuts

Fusion mesh grille??

First post here! Thinking about getting a FFH next summer....I was wondering if there are any changes/updates expected for the 2011 model year. Also, has anyone heard if there is a possibility of a new tax credit for purchasing a hybrid car in 2010??

Anyway, I think this looks pretty slick, any opinions:

2010-Ford-Fusion-Mesh-Grille-Set-1.jpg

Here is the seller's site on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Ford-F...sQ5fAccessories

Best,

Jason

I like the stock grill on the Fusion even if it is plastic / chrome :)

First post here! Thinking about getting a FFH next summer....I was wondering if there are any changes/updates expected for the 2011 model year. Also, has anyone heard if there is a possibility of a new tax credit for purchasing a hybrid car in 2010??

Anyway, I think this looks pretty slick, any opinions:

2010-Ford-Fusion-Mesh-Grille-Set-1.jpg

Here is the seller's site on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Ford-F...sQ5fAccessories

Best,

Jason

Once the current credit is gone, the tax credit will be gone for good. It doesn't mean that Ford might not run a promotion at some point in the future, but no more tax credit from Uncle Sam.

I actually really like the stock grille, but whatever floats peoples' boats.....

If you are planning on a hybrid, I wonder how that would affect the aerodynamics of the vehicle.

With that grill, it might be easier to clean bugs off the outside instead of having to get them off of the radiator since they can get through the gaps on the stock grill.

With that grill, it might be easier to clean bugs off the outside instead of having to get them off of the radiator since they can get through the gaps on the stock grill.

Should keep rocks off the condenser too.

I would like to see it in flat black. Go gaudy, light the oval, and it would look like it was floating in midair @ night.

Paul

I would like to see it in flat black. Go gaudy, light the oval, and it would look like it was floating in midair @ night.

Paul

It IS available in Black mesh also!

(Plus it is available with or without the lower grill as a kit.)

-

2467362B.jpg2477362A.jpg

http://www.egclassic.com/inventory/index.php?makeid=7

What I don't like is the stock Ford "honeycomb" around the fog lights and lower grill and possibly the mesh of this replacement grill too. Once that gets loaded up with suicidal dead bugs it's going to be a real PIA to clean them out of all those nooks and crannys.

I just ordered the grille set for my plat white FFH. Will get installed next week. $350 for the parts and $110 to install.

K

Once the current credit is gone, the tax credit will be gone for good. It doesn't mean that Ford might not run a promotion at some point in the future, but no more tax credit from Uncle Sam.

I actually really like the stock grille, but whatever floats peoples' boats.....

If you are planning on a hybrid, I wonder how that would affect the aerodynamics of the vehicle.

I just ordered the grille set for my plat white FFH. Will get installed next week. $350 for the parts and $110 to install.

K

Please do post some good photos once you have it installed. Also let us know what you think about the quality too.

I like the stock grill on the Fusion even if it is plastic / chrome :)

Yea really, do people hate that grill so much?

The grill grows on you, trust me. I didn't like it at first, but

now think it's pretty neat.

It'll be loads of fun cleaning the bugs, leaf bits and road gunk out of that thing....

The stock grill is a cinch to clean. It is said the three bar grill with the small spacing appears to be solid to the airflow at higher speeds with low drag. You probably couldn't measure the difference in the grills but I bet Ford did. If you ferret out articles about Ford and other hybrid designs, you can see the engineers were almost fanatical about efficiencies within the concept of the car. There's a reason why most cars and even grill designs look alike today and that's drag. Boeings and AirBuses look alike also. Cooling drag (for the radiator) is substantial and a very big target for improvement.

Lee

Yea but good luck cleaning out the suicidal bugs from the plastic "honeycomb" around the foglights...... I hate that sheet........

Looks pretty nice on the '10 but, I like stock on the gen1.

Edited by Desert Fusion

I will take photes after the install. the part came in today and the install is scheduled for monday Jan 18

K