Sign in to follow this  
DaveM

Oil Dipstick Cover

While checking out all the fluids on my FFH yesterday I noticed there was no cover over the dipstick like in all the pictures I see on the web. Just a round hole with the yellow end of the dipstick recessed in the hole. The pictures look like the cover isn't completely round like my hole of about 2" around. Has there been a change in the engine cover or did I just get short changed and need to bring this to my dealers attention? I got my Hybrid on Oct. 5th so was built last part of Sept.

While checking out all the fluids on my FFH yesterday I noticed there was no cover over the dipstick like in all the pictures I see on the web. Just a round hole with the yellow end of the dipstick recessed in the hole. The pictures look like the cover isn't completely round like my hole of about 2" around. Has there been a change in the engine cover or did I just get short changed and need to bring this to my dealers attention? I got my Hybrid on Oct. 5th so was built last part of Sept.

See "Oil Dipstick Flap Cover" thread (http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2664) in this forum. Maybe they've stopped using it.

Lee

See "Oil Dipstick Flap Cover" thread (http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2664) in this forum. Maybe they've stopped using it.

Lee

Just came from the dealers as they just got in a white one for the lot and we looked at it. Just like mine, they have changed the hole to about a 2 inch dia. hole with the dipstick recessed below the gray cover so it looks like a redesign per the problems with the cover. Doesn't look as clean as before and looks like something is missing but good to see Ford moving fast to fix problems as they become known.