jtonkin

How to watch DVDs on your nav system

Lots of people have been looking for a hack for all Ford vehicles that will remove the lock out features while the vehicle is in motion.

It looks like the only way to do it is by buying this module.

It's isn't cheap at $239 but it does allow you to do the following:

- Add an after market backup camera or an additional camera for the back seat for example.

- Allow you to watch and not just hear DVD movie while you are driving. Really more for the passengers than the driver. Hopefully!

- Allow nav destination input while vehicle is moving.

- Supplies factory compatible "T" harnesses so not cutting and splicing is required. Big plus.

Really most of this stuff is for the benefit of the passenger but it is a nice option to have for the driver as well.

I can understand why Ford locked out these features while the vehicles are in motion because God knows there are enough bad drivers out there with out adding more distractions into the mix.

There are some other things that get locked out too when in motion. Stuff from Sirius Radio. But I don't think they unlock that stuff.

In case that link didn't work above, the website is:

http://www.coastaletech.com/fusioninstallation.htm

I have not tried this device nor am I endorsing it, but I thought it would interest some people on here.

I just installed one in my fusion hybrid w/nav, they delivered the unit to me in so florida in 24hr from time of order , and it installs in 20 min. To my suprise it works as advatised which is a good thing.

I just installed one in my fusion hybrid w/nav, they delivered the unit to me in so florida in 24hr from time of order , and it installs in 20 min. To my suprise it works as advatised which is a good thing.

Are you able to use the locked out Travel Link functions. One that comes to mind is sports scores. If I am moving, they are blocked.

Are you able to use the locked out Travel Link functions. One that comes to mind is sports scores. If I am moving, they are blocked.

which don't make much sense since I can get the 5 day weather forecast and take my eyes off the road for quite a while if I wanted to study what the weather is going to be.

The sync lockpick is not designed to unlock that

I don't think anything will unlock the travel link features since they are blocked by the navigation system and the dvd is locked by the car being out of "Park".

I don't think anything will unlock the travel link features since they are blocked by the navigation system and the dvd is locked by the car being out of "Park".

You do realize that the device does enable the entry of destination and use of the keyboard, which is also part of the NAV. So they only partially unlock the NAV, assuming the travel link is part of the NAV system and the Sports Scores are part of travel link.

Newby here.

Can you watch DVD or USB (iPod) video on the nav screen while in park?

Or do you need the hack black box to do that?

Thanks

[update] I found on another forum that it is possible to watch video when not in motion.

Newby here.

Can you watch DVD or USB (iPod) video on the nav screen while in park?

Or do you need the hack black box to do that?

Thanks

[update] I found on another forum that it is possible to watch video when not in motion.

DVD works when parked

I tried the travel link locked out features and to my suprise they unlock when unlocking the gps, this is not an advertised feature of the sync lock pick..

Edited by neal702